Patient Care Coordinator
Visiting Physicians Association, a national leader in delivering home based primary care, works with home health and hospice agencies to ensure patients receive continuity of care in the home environment. VPA in-home physicians collaborate with agencies to establish in-home treatment plans and certify the need for services. VPA partners with over 1,000 home health agencies, collaborates with independent and assisted living communities, and works with skilled nursing facilities and hospitals nationally to coordinate services and patient transitions to home care.
The Patient Care Coordinator (PCC) is a very unique position. The PCC possesses knowledge of protocols, adheres to the limits and regulations of this position, consistently operating within their scope of practice, and most importantly focusing entirely on aiding our Providers in taking care of their patients. DUTIES
- Responsible to answer calls and collect all pertinent medical information needed for the providers medical decision making.
- Responsible for processing provider orders while maintaining compliance standards.
- Responsible as the point person for the provider's patients, facilities, and other healthcare professionals.
- Scheduling consult and specialist appointments.
- Requesting medical records.
- Documenting all calls in EMR.
- The ability to perform continuous detailed tasks with frequent interruptions.
- Collaborating with other division within the organization.
- Reviewing and assigning Faxes and attachments.
- Ability to develop strong rapport over the phone.
- Maintains patient confidentiality and all HIPPA privacy requirements.
- Attends required meetings and in-services.
- Ability to adapt and apply guidelines and procedures.
- Achieve system level goals.
- Strong customer service approach to all callers.
- Performs related work as required.
- Extensive typing and computer use in a professional office setting, with the ability to work in a fast pace environment.
- Certified (AAMA) MA, LPN/LVN, EMT, Military Medic, Paramedic, Foreign Nursing Grad, or Foreign Medical Grad.
- Minimum 2 years office experience in health care coordination
- Strong medical office call experience with ability to collect appropriate medical information from the patient/caller to communicate to provider.
- Basic working knowledge of medical terminology required.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word, Outlook. Experience in EMR strongly preferred
- Strong customer service, organizational and interpersonal skills with excellent multi-tasking and prioritization.
- Professional demeanor, self-motivated, and dependable.
- Ability to communicate effectively with all personnel levels within the organization.
- Ability to work closely with other members of the care team both locally and centralized.
- Strong phone communication skills a must.
A little about us:
Our mission is to provide high quality, compassionate and cost-effective care to our patients through clinical leadership, outcomes management and maintaining an ethical workplace.