HCA has been recognized as a World's Most Admired Company
in the Health Care Medical Facilities Industry by Fortune Magazine
. The Ambulatory Surgery Division of HCA operates and jointly owns with physicians 130 surgery centers across the United States. Our cases are performed Monday-Friday which means NO nights, NO weekends, or On-call
will be required. The size of our surgery centers naturally creates a culture where everyone knows one another with a shared focus on providing the best possible experience for those that we serve. We are currently in search of additional members to join our team!
We value you and your future. We provide multiple health insurance plan options, tuition reimbursement, and many more programs to cover a wide variety of today's life and family needs. In addition to your salary and health insurance benefits, HCA provides a matching 401k as well as an Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP). Members of HCA receive consumer discounts on cell phones, hotels, rental cars, and many others. Interviews are being set immediately, you are encouraged to apply today! GENERAL SUMMARY OF DUTIES:
Under the direction of a Registered Nurse, the Patient Care Tech contributes to the company by assisting with the provision of safe and effective patient care. The Patient Care Tech transports patients to and from the operation room, maintains cleanliness of operating room, assists with operation room turnover, sterile processing, inventory, and supply maintenance. OPERATIONAL DUTIES INCLUDE BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO:
Age Specific Care:
- Assist in the transfer, positioning, and transport of patients.
- Assists with turning over operating rooms between cases
- Cleans rooms between cases (e.g., dusts shelves and countertops, removes linens and places in bag for daily pickup, removes garbage from operating room and recovery room)
- Performs terminal cleaning of surgical area.
- Maintains sufficient supply levels and orderliness of all equipment and supplies:
- Familiar with location of equipment and supplies
- Assist with restocking and ordering of supplies.
- Distributes clean linen and scrubs to all appropriate areas
- Stocks scrub brushes, antimicrobial hand washing solution, and surgical supplies
- Keeps caps, masks, and shoe covers stocked
- Keeps the warmer stocked with blankets (as applicable)
- Keeps scrub sinks clean and free of debris
- Adequate supply of paper towels, toilet paper, and soap for all bathrooms and sink areas.
- Assists patients with urinals, bedpans, and emesis basins
- Performs general delivery service for the facility that (may include transporting specimens) and runs errands as needed
- Keeps kitchen clean
- Assist with keeping waiting areas, lobbies, utility rooms, and patient care areas safe and clean for patients, visitors, and staff.
- Keeps hallway free of clutter
- Checks/empties sharps containers throughout facility
- Cleans and remakes stretchers/OR tables.
- Assist in monitoring and recording in environmental and equipment log.
- Answers phones.
- Assist with computer data entry as needed.
- Uses equipment in safe and effective manner; reporting repairs to appropriate person.
- Competent and responsible in prevention of contamination and transfer of infection.
- Assist in sterile processing, as needed.
- Reduces hazards/risks, prevents accidents/injuries and maintains safe conditions in workplace.
Qualifications: KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- The patient care requirements may include those of pediatric, child, adolescent, adult, and geriatric populations.
- Displays high degree of working knowledge of the equipment utilized.
- Knowledge of current practice related to hand hygiene, aseptic and sterile technique.
- Knowledge of current practice of decontamination, high level disinfectant and sterilization procedures.
- Demonstrated ability to read, follow, and comprehend both written and verbal instructions.
- Demonstrates attention to detail by ensuring that all documentation is legible, complete, and accurate.
- Demonstrates good judgment in handling situations not covered by written or verbal instructions and seeks guidance as needed.
- Demonstrates a thorough knowledge of work practices, policies, and procedures.
- Has knowledge of patient rights and strives to improve patient outcomes by respecting each patient's cultural, psychosocial, and spiritual values.
- Complies with Center safety policies, emergency procedures, and standard precautions.
- Reports observed or suspected safety violations, hazards, and policy/procedure noncompliance to the center management.
- Performs and participates in performance improvement activities.
- Demonstrates ability to solve customer/patient problems, treats customer/patient with dignity and respect, and responds quickly to customer/patient needs.
- Demonstrates ability to establish effective working relationships with patients, physicians, and co-workers.
- Demonstrates ability to work independently to perform job with minimal supervision.
- Uses facility resources appropriately and avoids wasteful practices.
- Utilizes proper body mechanics in moving patients and stretchers to prevent injury.
- Possesses critical thinking skills.
- Demonstrates a willingness to listen to others and openly expresses respect for differing opinions.
- Computer Skills - Knowledge and basic use of computer skills.
- Maintains high level of confidentiality at all times.
- Ability to build trust and gain respect through effective team leadership and participation skills.
Must meet basic reading, writing, and comprehension requirements EXPERIENCE:
One year patient care assistant, nursing assistant, or environmental services experience in a healthcare setting (preferred). CERTIFICATION/LICENSE:
Nursing Assistant Certification or EMT Certification. Valid BCLS Certification upon employment***online certification not acceptable.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom