The Patient Care Tech Float Pool
performs assigned tasks and activities according to skill level and patient needs as assessed by the RN. The Patient Care Tech supports nursing personnel in providing care to patients and assists with providing a safe, quiet, clean, organized environment for healthcare delivery.
The Patient Care Tech also functions in the role of Safety Attendant. The Safety Attendant provides 1:1 supervision to patients who have been assessed as needing continuous observation because of a potential danger to self/others or may be at risk for displacement of therapeutic lines or tubes. Under the supervision of an RN, the Safety Attendant performs delegated duties consistent with his/her scope of practice. When the need arises, will perform other duties as assigned. Presbyterian St Luke's / Rocky Mountain Hospital for Children (HealthONE - HCA) We are proud of our physicians and staff for these great honors:
- 5-star Kidney Transplant Program as recognized by the Scientific Registry of Transplant Recipients (SRTR). LEARN MORE
- P/SL named Top Performer on Key Quality Measures by The Joint Commission for attaining and sustaining excellence in accountability measure performance, 2015. LEARN MORE
- P/SL Cancer Care services received full commendation from the American College of Surgery Commission on Cancer with High Achievement in 2010. The only Colorado hospital to be honored for 2010 with the Outstanding Achievement Award, from the American College of Surgeons' Commission on Cancer.
- The Bone Marrow Transplant program is continuously accredited by the Foundation for the Accreditation of Cellular Therapy and is designated as a Center of Excellence by OptumHealth Care Solutions.
- Bronze Medal of Honor from the Department of Health and Human Services National Learning Congress for Kidney Transplant services, 2012.
- Bariatric Surgery Center of Excellence by the American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery.
- American Heart Association Action Registry-GWTG Gold Performance Achievement Award and Heart Failure Gold Performance Achievement Award, both for 9 consecutive years.
- American Stroke Association Action Registry-GWTG Stroke Silver Plus Award 2014
- Breast Center accredited from the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers in 2013
- The Denver Clinic has the best 10 year survival rate in the world for bone cancer in children and adults.
- The Orthopedic Care and Spine Surgery have been designated Aetna Institute of Quality® for Orthopedic Care Total Joint Replacement and Aetna Institute of Quality® for Orthopedic Care Spine Surgery.
- A Blue Distinction Center for Spine Surgery.
- Rocky Mountain Scoliosis and Spine at P/SL and RMHC has been named a Center of excellence for Minimally Invasive Surgery of the Spine by DePuy Medical.
- Recipient of the International Board of Lactation Consultant Examiners® (IBLCE®) award for excellence in lactation care.
- Colorado Breast feeding Coalition and the Colorado Perinatal Care Council B.E.S.T. Award (Breast feeding Excellence Starts Today), 2012.
- Accreditation with Distinction for our hyperbaric oxygen program from the Undersea & Hyperbaric Medical Society, in agreement with The Joint Commission.
- Nursing Assistant Certification or EMT Certification, or must have completed first year at an accredited Nursing program which included a medical/surgical rotation. Also, will consider LPN or RN.
- BLS-Healthcare provider required - American Heart Association
- Successful completion of an orientation program or equivalent experience and 2-3 years' experience is preferred.
- Knowledge of basic clinical practices, procedures, and standards.
- Ability to work with others as a team to ensure quality patient care.
- Basic knowledge of computer systems and good interpersonal skills.
- Strong critical thinking skills.