Centerpoint Medical Center - Independence, MO Patient Care Technician (PCT) - Surgical Ortho FT NIGHTS Centerpoint Medical Center
features 221 private rooms, state-of-the-art equipment and technology, and some of the latest clinical services available to patients. Along with our high-tech services, we also remain focused on providing compassionate care and the best possible customer service for our patients. In addition, we offer numerous features for visitors, including sleeper chairs in patient rooms, comfortable waiting areas, wireless internet access throughout the facility, and more. Centerpoint Medical Center
features the following:
- Level II Trauma Center (the only one in eastern Jackson County) with 24/7 Emergency Services
- An accredited Chest Pain Center and a variety of Cardiovascular Services
- Orthopedic Services including Total Joints and Sports Medicine
- An accredited Cancer Program and a state-of-the-art Breast Center with a nurse navigator
- Neuroscience Services for the treatment of brain and spine disorders as well as injuries
- Women's Services, including the only Level III Neonatal Intensive Care Unit in eastern Jackson County to provide care for early or ill newborns and a labor and delivery unit
- Outpatient Services, including a surgery center, advanced wound care center, sleep disorders center, imaging, rehab and more.
- Under direct supervision of the Director, and close direction of a registered nurse, administers patient care and related activities, services and/or procedures to promote the physical and emotional health and personal comfort needs for assigned patients.
- Delivery of patient care includes data collection, documentation, communication and implementation of patient care interventions in accordance with state Nursing Practice Acts and generic/unit structure standards.
- The Patient Care Technician provides care for young adult 16 years of age & up; adult patients between 18 to 64 years; and geriatric patients 65 years and older.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Successful completion of a CNA program required or successful completion of basic fundamentals of nursing course a school of nursing with a clinical rotation in a skilled or acute care setting.
- Certified Nursing Assistant required or successful completion of basic fundamentals of nursing course a school of nursing with a clinical rotation in a skilled or acute care setting.
- BCLS certification required.
- Previous CNA or healthcare experience preferred.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom