Henrico Doctors' Hospital is a 340-bed community hospital offering a full range of healthcare services. We are a Level II Trauma facility, offering specialized vascular surgery, Neurosurgery, a comprehensive certified stroke center, orthopedics and groundbreaking diagnostic imaging. We're also a national trendsetter in kidney transplants through the Virginia Transplant Center and as part of the Virginia Institute of Robotic Surgery; we lead the state in minimally-invasive procedures with da Vinci robotic-assisted surgeries.
The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
• Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
• Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
• Ability to float to all units within the hospital where a need is presented.
• Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
• Assists patients in ambulating.
• Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
• Performs non sterile dressing changes.
• Passes and collects bed pans.
• Changes bed linens.
• Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
• Presents self in a professional manner.
• Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
• Answers telephones, maintains supplies, works on projects, including computer based projects, to support the department.
• Other duties as assigned to support the department.
Required Job Qualifications Include:
• Certified Nurse Assistant or currently enrolled in nursing program with completion of a nursing fundamentals
• High School Graduate or equivalent required.
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
• Working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Ability to quickly make decisions and to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom