TriStar Centennial Medical Center - Nashville, TN Patient Care Tech - Neuro - Medical/Surgical
TriStar Centennial Medical Center is a 657-bed comprehensive facility offering medical and surgical programs including behavioral health, 24-hour emergency, heart and vascular, imaging, neurosciences, oncology, orthopedics, pediatrics, rehabilitation, sleep disorder, and women's services. An affiliate of TriStar Health, TriStar Centennial Medical Center's 43-acre campus is home to TriStar Centennial Heart & Vascular Center, TriStar Centennial Women's Hospital, The Children's Hospital at TriStar Centennial, Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at TriStar Centennial Medical Center and TriStar Centennial Parthenon Pavilion.
Primary Services for patients admitted to Neuro includes but are not limited to the following diagnosis:
Centennial Medical Center
- Neurologic diagnoses and/or surgeries
- Spine surgeries
- Subdural hematoma
- Brain lesions
- Medical/Surgical Telemetry
- Plastic Surgery Overflow
- Medical Overflow
is currently looking for a Patient Care Tech - Neuro - Medical/Surgical Responsibilities:
- Demonstrates knowledge of human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients served.
- Promotes customer service initiatives.
- Provides total hygiene care including skin care, bathing, toileting, etc.
- Assists with patient ambulation in room, hall and bathroom.
- Assists in feeding patients, offering fluids and snacks, recording amounts consumed.
- Responds to call lights, requests from patient/family.
- Document vital signs and informs nurse of any change in patient status.
- Assists with stocking supplies and maintains clean working environment.
- Assists coworkers to meet patient care needs.
- CNT (Certified Nurse Aide in State of Tennessee) or successful completion of the Fundamentals of Nursing course in an accredited school of professional nursing (verified by transcript). **A student enrolled in a LPN or RN program who discontinues their nursing school program is required to obtain certification as a Nurse Aide in the State of Tennessee within 30 days of their discontinuation of the program.
- Current BLS Certification
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom