Under general direction of the Senior Manager, responsible for customer service and case management. Team members will work interactively with patients and their healthcare providers to complete enrollment activities, coordinate distribution of educational materials, answer basic clinical and program inquiries, and help coordinate access to therapies through the patient's healthcare provider. Patient Case Coordinators typically work in a support capacity to reimbursement counselors, senior reimbursement counselors, reimbursement consultants, senior reimbursement consultants, and team leaders when participating on a consulting project. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Answers basic clinical and program inquiries.
- Coordinates access to therapies, schedules and conducts appropriate follow-up, and facilitates access to appropriate support services.
- Facilitates access to appropriate support services, including reimbursement counseling, nursing hotline, and support.
- Processes incoming enrollment forms for program.
- Follows up via phone, mail, and/or fax for missing enrollment information.
- Supports payer research, health care policy library, and state management.
- Identifies other sources of health care coverage for patients through simple queries and use of PayerPlus database.
- Works on problems of limited scope. Follows standard operating procedures in analyzing data from which answers can be readily obtained. Builds stable working relationships internally.
- Typically receives general instructions on routine work, detailed instructions on new projects or assignments.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration accountancy sales marketing computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a two year associate's degree program or equivalent combination of experience and education. Normally requires a minimum of one (1) year directly related and progressively responsible experience.' '
- Ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Ability to proficiently use computer and standard office equipment
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office
- Basic understanding of payer eligibility and benefits
- Health care research and analysis skills sufficient to support payer research healthcare policy library and state management
- Ability to resolve associate issues effectively and efficiently
- Learns to use professional concepts; applies company policies and procedures to resolve routine issues.