PLEASE NOTE: THIS POSITION CAN BE LOCATED ANYWHERE IN THE U.S.
Works in a highly visible, strong team environment to provide exceptional Customer Service on all levels. Specifically, listen to and counsel patients and medical professionals, interpreting their specific needs and providing friendly, professional and well-informed answers to their questions. Patient Engagement Representatives will work with patients, physician offices, and partners to empower patients to self-advocate.
- Works closely with patient/family to case manage all steps to assist patient in emotional support issues, disease state education and company connections
- Strong understanding of Acute Lymphoblastic Leukemia
- Acts as the liaison with medical offices
- Act as single point of contact for patient within Shire
- Perform benefit investigations with insurance companies as required.
- Counsel patient/family on company resources including financial, education, and 1:1 connections as appropriate.
- Responsible for maintaining case history for all assigned patients in the CRM system
- Trouble shoot and resolve ongoing issues with patient to assist in self advocacy
- Professionally field incoming telephone calls while making a positive impression
- Answer patient and medical office inquiries and resolve customer problems
- Provide back-up coverage for other Case Managers
- Attend patient meetings and represent Shire at industry conferences
- Travel to sales meetings and medical offices as necessary
- 20% Travel
A little about us:
At Shire, we help people with rare diseases and specialized conditions live their lives to the fullest.