The Patient Escort escorts or transports patients or deceased individuals within a hospital, senior living, or other medical facility. The general responsibilities of the position include those listed below, but Sodexo may identify other responsibilities of the position. These responsibilities may differ among accounts, depending on business necessities and client requirements.
* Understands and follows all policies and procedures.
* Determines patient name, destination, mode of travel, time, and other data.
* Directs or escorts incoming patients from the admitting office or reception desk to a designated area.
* Assists patients, whether ambulatory or non-ambulatory.
* Transports patients or deceased individuals alone or with assistance, in a bed, wheeled cart, stretcher, gurney or wheelchair to designated areas within the facility.
* Assists in ensuring a safe working environment throughout the facility for all patients, visitors and fellow employees.
* Reports any unsafe conditions immediately to Supervisor.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner and identifies and can be asked to correct unsafe work conditions with management oversight.
* Complies with all client & Sodexo HIPAA policies and procedures.
* Complies with all company safety and risk management policies and procedures.
* Reports all accidents and injuries in a timely manner.
* Participates in regular safety meetings, safety training and hazard assessments.
* Applies all applicable OSHA and related local safety requirements to all assigned work.
* Performs all work in accordance with established safety procedures.
* Attend training programs (classroom and virtual) as designated.
* Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
* Job Qualifications:*
High School diploma, GED or equivalent experience.
* Ability to present self in a highly professional manner to others and understands that honesty and ethics are essential.
* Ability to maintain a positive attitude.
* Ability to communicate with co-workers and other departments with professionalism and respect.
* Ability to maintain a professional relationship with all coworkers, vendor representatives, supervisors, managers, customers and client representatives.
* Ability to provide clear directions and respond accordingly to employees.
* Ability to use all relevant electronic and communication devices.
* Knowledge of and proficiency in all OSHA and local requirements related to all assigned work.
* Willingness to be open to learning and growing.
* Maturity of judgment and behavior.
* Maintains high standards for work areas and appearance.
* Attends work and shows up for scheduled shift on time with satisfactory regularity in light of Sodexo time and attendance policy and/or client operating hours.
* Ability to work a flexible schedule.
* Must comply with any dress code requirements.
* Must be able to work nights, weekends and some holidays.
* /Physical Requirements:/*
* Close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and the ability to adjust focus, with or without corrective lenses.
* Significant walking or other means of mobility.
* Ability to work in a standing position for long periods of time (up to 8 hours).
* Ability to reach, bend, stoop, push and/or pull, and frequently lift up to 35 pounds and occasionally lift/move 40 pounds.
*/Working Conditions (may add additional conditions specific to defined work location):/*
* Generally in an indoor setting; however, may participate in outside activities and events.
* Varying schedule to include evenings, holidays, weekends and extended hours as business dictates.
* While performing the duties of this job, the employee is primarily in a controlled, temperate environment; however, may be exposed to heat/cold during support of outside activities.
* The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud.
* Wears protective clothing and/or Personal Protective Equipment required by the work environment or governmental regulations.
Sodexo is an EEO/AA/Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran employer. Sodexo is committed to upholding the spirit and principles of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973 and the 1998 amendment to the Act. If, due to a disability, you require a reasonable accommodation to navigate this site and/or complete the on-line application process, please contact SodexoFrontlineApplicationSupport.USA@sodexo.com for assistance. For more information about our commitment to equal employment opportunity, please click here.