Position Summary: Coram/CVS Health is looking for a high-energy healthcare professional to join our Mt Prospect team as a Patient Intake Coordinator! This rewarding opportunity allows you to work closely with patients and their caregivers to coordinate in-home IV therapy services. We believe that as the "face of the company", Patient Intake Coordinators are a key part of creating a positive experience for our patients. In this dynamic and fast-paced role, you will be responsible for coordinating home infusion services between branch personnel, Sales, the insurance team, and referral sources in order to ensure excellent service for new home infusion patients.
As a Patient Intake Coordinator you will…
* Act as the main point of contact for Coram's patients, caregivers, referral sources, and Sales team.
* Resolve patient issues and respond to phone and fax inquiries regarding in-home IV order requests.
* Assess patient needs and document all communication in the Electronic Medical Records system regarding coordination of care.
* Communicate with various departments by providing information pertaining to equipment,supplies, and services needed to start patients on service with our company.
* Collaborate with Coram's insurance professionals to verify patient benefit coverage and financial responsibility.
* Relay insurance coverage and patient responsibility to referral sources, Sales, and patients. Discuss patient responsibility and documentation required for billing of services.
* Confirm start of care details with all parties to ensure a seamless transition into home care for our customers.
Typical work hours for this position are Monday – Friday, 9 :30 AM – 6 :00 PM, with an opportunity for over-time based on business need. This is a full-time,permanent career that offers excellent Medical, Dental and Vision coverage, a competitive 401k, and additional benefits.
With Coram/CVS Health, you'll have an exciting opportunity to utilize your healthcare and customer service experience with a team who are passionate about making a difference in patient’s lives. You can have an impact by providing the best care, education, and support to our patients, improving their overall quality of life!
Coram/CVS Health is a Fortune 7 company and national leader in the home infusion and enteral nutrition fields. The word “Coram” derives from the Latin word “cor,” meaning “heart”... and our dedication to our customers is truly from the heart.
Do you want to learn more? Check out the videos below!
https://www.youtube.com/user/CoramHealthcare or https://www.youtube.com/user/CVSPharmacyVideos Required Qualifications: * Minimum two years experience in customer service.
* Minimum two years experience in healthcare.
* Minimum one year experience working in Microsoft Office, specifically Excel, Outlook and Word.
Preferred Qualifications: * Experience working with healthcare insurance.
* Experience with medical terminology.
* Experience working in a pharmacy setting.
* Ability to work in a team environment.
* Ability to work with a sense of urgency.
* Strong attention to detail.
Education:Verifiable High School Diploma or GED is required.Business Overview:
Coram CVS/specialty infusion services is a leading national provider of specialty home infusion and specialty pharmacy services. The integration of Coram into CVS Health enables the company to offer enhanced, comprehensive infusion services; expanded payer access; and a national network of more than 85 locations, including 65 ambulatory infusion suites. Providing infusion therapies and services to over 20,000 patients each month, Coram cares for patients through all phases of their healthcare continuum including clinical and compliance monitoring, and individual patient counseling. CVS Health, through our unmatched breadth of service offerings, is the nation’s largest pharmacy health care provider transforming the delivery of health care services in the U.S. Our energetic and service-oriented colleagues embrace fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service to meet the needs of the many people and businesses relying on us each day.
CVS Health is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. CVS Health will consider qualified job candidates with criminal histories in a manner consistent with federal, state and local laws. CVS Health will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against any Colleague or applicant for employment because such Colleague or applicant has inquired about, discussed, or disclosed the compensation of the Colleague or applicant or another Colleague or applicant. Furthermore, we comply with the laws and regulations set forth in the following EEO is the Law Poster: EEO IS THE LAW
and EEO IS THE LAW SUPPLEMENT
Federal law requires employers to provide reasonable accommodation to qualified individuals with disabilities. If you require assistance to apply for this job, please contact us by clicking EEO AA CVS Health
CVS Health does not require nor expect that applicants disclose their compensation history during the application, interview, and hiring process.
For inquiries related to the application process or technical issues please contact the Kenexa Helpdesk at 1-855-338-5609. For technical issues with the Virtual Job Tryout assessment, contact the Shaker Help Desk at 1-877-987-5352. Please note that we only accept resumes via our corporate website: https://jobs.cvshealth.com/