West Florida Healthcare(WFH) is the only area hospital to earn an "A" rating in patient safety on the Leapfrog Hospital Safety Grade scale as well as the only Atrial Fibrillation Certified hospital. Additionally, WFH was the area's first Accredited Chest Pain Center with PCI and Breast Imaging Center of Excellence. We are also an Advanced Primary Stroke Center. The West Florida Healthcare campus includes the all private room acute care hospital, a mental health facility, and the area's only CARF-accredited, comprehensive physical rehabilitation hospital. WFH has also been honored as a Truven Top 100 Hospital and just recently received their Joint Commission Sepsis accreditation.
Affiliated with HCA, the nation's leading provider of healthcare, West Florida Healthcare offers major services in cardiology/cardiovascular surgery, oncology, neurology/neurosurgery, orthopedics, emergency care, behavioral health, obstetrics, rehabilitative medicine and many other medical specialties.
For more information about the hospital, visit www.westfloridahospital.com Overview:
The COE Nurse is a temporary facility resource that is needed during the PatientKeeper CPOE deployment. This role is responsible for completing the transcription check of orders that are entered into PatientKeeper by the provider and transcribed into Meditech by the Pharmacist. This individual is also responsible for the verification and transcription check of orders that are interfaced from PatientKeeper into Meditech through either HL7 interface or scripting.
Primary responsibilities include the following:
- Transcription check and acknowledgement of orders that are entered into PatientKeeper by the provider and transcribed into Meditech by the Pharmacist
- Verification and acknowledgement of orders that are entered into PatientKeeper by the provider and entered into Meditech by either and interface or scripting solution.
- Verification of interface or scripting of discharge medication reconciliation
- Communication and escalation of issues or challenges
Additional responsibilities may include:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- High Level awareness of the EHR programs under support by the advanced clinicals department.
- Additional support to the Advanced clinicals staff to be able to assit with facility support and escalating issues appropriately.
- Mature understanding of Meditech
- Ability to work independently
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with clinical and information technology personnel verbally and in writing
- Demonstrated advanced computer skills
- Effective organizational skills
- Good problem solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills
- Existing knowledge of the facility's clinical/operational processes, challenges and Meditech environment preferred
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications
- Customer service orientation and/or training
• Nursing degree required, Bachelor's degree preferred
- Active Florida Nursing license required
• Zero to three years clinical experience, new graduates welcome to apply
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom