Schedule: FRI 1030p-6a, SAT 6P-6A, SUN 2P-1030P, WED 1130A - 6P, THUR 1130A-6P
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, bone marrow transplant, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We deeply value our staff and our patients. As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community in being ranked No. 1 in the Express - News Reader's Choice Awards from 2009-2013. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
General Statement of Duties:
Under supervision performs patient admitting functions which include scheduling and registering patients for radiological procedures.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Takes requests for exams from physician offices, schedules patients for radiologic tests, procedures and admissions utilizing scheduling module; obtains accurate information on physician orders, pre-certifications and insurance plans, and enters the information into an appropriate system. Faxes and mails out reports to referring physicians. Separates batch reports and sends to appropriate areas to be place into patient's medical records for in house patients, answers phones and intercoms, calls Doctors for Radiologists. Coordinates procedures for Radiologists and patients. Responsible for calling on-call teams for emergent cases after hours.
2. Informs patients or the physician office staff about any procedure requirements such as preps and signed order by physician.
3. Coordinates scheduling exams requiring anesthesia or sedation with Anesthesia Group and tech and setup from OR for the anesthesiologist to ensure the availability of staff and equipment.
4. Registers patients for services: obtains required authorizations, demographic and financial information for the patient's medical and business office records and entering the information online. Will have patients fill out questionnaires appropriate to exam to be done.
5. Collects paperwork and ABN's when necessary on each patient and aligns pertinent documents for establishing the patient's medical records and financial file. Distributes documents to appropriate departments. When paper work is returned from departments it must be separated, organized and alphabetized before sending to medical records.
6. Collects deposits, deductibles, co-pays and other payments from patients to reduce bad dept expense and documents payment status in the system and charts. Prepares and submits daily deposits to cashier.
Minimum Education and Experience:
1. High School Diploma or GED preferred.
2. Two years of experience in patient admitting in a hospital setting preferred.
Minimum License and Certificates Required: N/A
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom