Methodist Texsan Hospital excels in nearly all aspects of advanced cardiovascular services and is equipped with dedicated operating room suites and five functional heart catheterization labs. Orthopedic services, which include the famed Joint Replacement Academy, boast some of the best clinical results in the industry. Methodist Texsan Hospital's 30-bed inpatient rehabilitation unit is the newest in the community and takes a team approach to providing excellent rehabilitative care for its patients. The emergency room is full-service and its board-certified emergency medicine doctors work hard for the right clinical diagnosis who strive to take care of patients quickly and efficiently.
Methodist Texsan Hospital is licensed for 120 beds and has been nationally recognized by Leapfrog's Hospital Safety Grade A. It is the first hospital in San Antonio to receive the Joint Commission's Gold Seal of Approval® for Chest Pain Certification . The hospital has also been recognized among Modern Healthcare Magazine's Best Places to Work in Healthcare. For more information, please visit our website at www.sahealth.com and select Methodist Texsan Hospital under Locations. General Statement of Duties:
The Patient Safety Manager assists with development, implementation and evaluation of the departmental plan. Conducts clinical risk assessments utilizing clinical knowledge, risk identification methods and other processes to identify and initiate action for risk reduction and quality improvement opportunities. Essential Job Functions:
1. Reviews and analyzes facility occurrence reports to identify clinical risk issues. Facilitates the investigation and follow-up on events with the appropriate Directors/VP's.
2. Analyzes occurrence data for frequency and severity of events. Identifies trends necessitating intervention and works with Directors/VP's in planning and implementing actions to address identified issues. Tracks and reports to the FDA, and other entities, any medical device related events according to the requirements of the Safe Medical Device Act.
3. Initiates Probable Claims Report (PCR) as appropriate. Investigates, utilizing record review, interviews and other methods in order to provide adequate information for the report.
4. Facilitates the investigation and resolution of patient complaints and grievances. Initiates and/or reviews correspondence to patient/family following established timelines.
5. Facilitates the implementation and completion of the elements of the annual HCA Risk Reduction Program. Communicates the results of the quarterly Risk Metrics results to managers/VP's and Senior Leaders. Facilitates development and communication of appropriate action plans for identified outliers.
6. Serves as a consultant and resource regarding medical/legal issues. Provides department-specific and facility-wide education based upon identified needs.Qualifications: Education:
- Graduate of an Accredited School of Nursing required, Bachelor of Science in Nursing preferred.
- 5 years experience in health care management, preferred.
Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable). Preferred:
Minimum License, Certificates, or Registrations Required
- 3 years quality/risk management experience
- License to practice professional Registered Nursing in the state of Texas
- Preferred: ASHRM certification
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom