Overview: Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter .
Description: Aramark Healthcare is a leader in providing food, facility, clinical technology and senior living services to nearly 1300 healthcare organizations throughout North America. Our presence is felt throughout the entire healthcare continuum, from patients, visitors and residents, to nurses and physicians. That's why we believe our people are truly our greatest asset. And it's why we're committed to creating an internal culture where the best people want to work - with a dedication to diversity, exceptional career development, competitive benefits and compensation, and generous community initiatives that make a difference.
Aramark Healthcare is searching for a Patient Services Manager for a XXX bed hospital in CITY, STATE. The Patient Services Manager plans, coordinates and manages patient food service activities, complying with the standards established by Aramark Healthcare, regulatory agencies and client. Leads patient service staff to ensure meals are properly prepared, plated, delivered to patients, rounding on patients/departments, management of the diet office, host/hostess program, safety/sanitation, operation of the tray line, the room service program, scheduling and other duties assigned. Establishes and maintains effective working relationships with other departments to provide a unified approach to patient/resident care. Level of impact is within own operation.
- Delivers strong operational performance by executing against Aramark Healthcare and regulatory agency standards and programs, continually monitoring operations, and completing assessments and necessary action plans to provide optimal nutrition care and meal service to patients/residents.
- Drives patient satisfaction and maintains client relationships through rounding. Ensures compliance to food safety, sanitation, and overall workplace safety standards.
- Supervises, staffs, trains, conducts applicable rounding and manages the performance of the food service supervisors, diet office, kitchen, tray line and patient meal delivery staff, including applicable rounding.
- Serves as liaison between the dietetics staff and food service departments.
- Recognizes and adopts activities appropriate to the specific needs of the patient/resident population and demonstrates knowledge of specific issues directly related to age of patient population
- Coordinates activities related to menu distribution and other menu-related issues, and facilitate operations related to production, distribution and service of food to ensure optimal nutrition care of patients/residents.
- Manages and controls resources and materials to ensure quality, adequacy of supply and cost control within budgetary guidelines.
- Maintains dietetic registration, state-required credentials and continuing education requirements if required.
- Position requires a Bachelor's degree, majoring in Food and Nutrition, Hospitality Management, or related field, from a 4-year college or university.
- Requires minimum 2-3 years operations management experience working in a fast paced food environment with exceptional communication skills.
- Preferred Registered Dietitian (or Registry Eligible) with the American Dietetic Association and Licensed Dietitian status, if residing in a state with licensure.
- Ability to communicate (both verbal and written) effectively with clients, customers of client and support staff.
- Ability to write letters, summaries and reports, using prescribed format and conform to all rules of punctuation, grammar, diction and style.
- Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistics.
- Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios and proportions to practical situations.
- Requires management and leadership skills and the ability to work with confidential employee, client and Aramark information.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.