The Patient Services Representative
registers, classifies, admits and schedules appointments for patients.
Qualifications: Minimum Qualifications:
- Interviews patients and responsible parties to obtain personal, demographic and financial information required for the registration of patients. Serves as hospital systems intake.
- Schedules appointments following appropriate procedures and guidelines. Directs the flow of patients and visitors through the use of the hospital information system. Directs patients and visitors to appropriate sources for other inquiries.
- Gives information of a general nature regarding access to the hospital, general operating procedures, etc., to patients and visitors.
- Reviews registrations, admissions and appointments for accuracy.
- Receives physician's orders to admit, register or schedule a patient.
- Collects money and issue receipts for hospital services rendered.
- Maintains various reports and logs as appropriate.
- Experience : One (1) year of general office experience and achieve a score of 20 words per minute on the typing test OR an equivalent combination of education and experience, substituting one (1) year of college coursework for each year of the required experience.
- **NOTE: No substitution is permitted for the typing test.
- Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Knowledge of spelling, punctuation and grammar and of basic mathematics. Skill in establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with other. Skill in following verbal and written instructions. Excellent computer skills.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom