Full Time - Days
Methodist Hospital opened in 1963 as the first hospital in the internationally acclaimed South Texas Medical Center. From the beginning, we've recognized the unique needs of each of our patients. It's a process that we continue to improve on, creating ways to better serve the community when they need us the most. Methodist Hospital offers a broad range of specialties including cardiology, bone marrow transplant, emergency medicine, neurosciences, maternity care, gynecology and orthopedics. Methodist Hospital is accredited by the Joint Commission in stroke care and is designated as an accredited Chest Pain Center. We deeply value our staff and our patients. As the flagship hospital of the Medical Center and of the Methodist Healthcare system of hospitals, we appreciate the support and recognition we receive from the community in being ranked No. 1 in the Express - News Reader's Choice Awards from 2009-2013. We also enjoy being the most preferred hospital in San Antonio, as consistently reported by the Consumer Research Corporation.
General Statement of Duties:
The Patient Technology Specialist is a two-year, grant-funded position focusing on discovering, implementing, and maintaining cutting-edge technology in a pediatric healthcare setting. The position serves as a resource for the Child Life Department, whom use gaming and technology-based interventions to provide therapeutic, recreational, or educational support to pediatric patients and their families.
Essential Job Functions:
1. Oversee gaming and technology-based programs including, but not limited to, virtual reality, augmented reality, GameChangerTV and KindVR.
2. Build and maintain partnerships with organizations who wish to support Methodist Children's Hospital through technology and technology based programming.
3. Encourage donor funding by demonstrating innovative uses of cutting-edge technology.
4. Promote technological advances of Methodist Children's Hospital through video documentation, live streaming, and hospital special events.
5. Assist with installing, maintaining, and troubleshooting gaming systems.
6. Provide training and create educational materials for staff regarding therapeutic potential of new and old technologies.
7. Seek out new technologies and gaming software that would positively benefit patients at Methodist Children's Hospital.
Minimum Education, Experience, Training, Required Knowledge, Skill, Abilities and Other Job-Related Characteristics:
1. Education: High School Diploma or Equivalent Required. Bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or related field is preferred.
2. Experience: Minimum of two years' experience in the gaming field, clinical setting, or related field.
3. Employee completes initial and ongoing training and competencies as defined by service line, facility and department/unit which are specific to the needs of the patient population served (if applicable).
4. Preferred: Familiarity with a wide variety of gaming systems and software.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom