The Payer Insights Manager functions as an internal partner to Payer Marketing & New Product Planning and Brand Leads to drive, challenge, and validate strategic or tactical decisions using primary market research. This role is considered a subject matter expert on payer and Integrated Delivery Network (IDN) customer types and payer market research. The Payer Insights Manager provides primary market research leadership, project management, and generation of insights in areas of critical business need including identifying value drivers for payers/IDNs, testing value propositions and payer strategies and tactics, informing new product planning decisions, and tracking Key Performance Indicators (KPIs). ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Qualifications EDUCATION, EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS:
- Partners with Head, Payer Marketing & New Product Planning to develop a strategic research agenda to address critical business questions related to managed markets, access, and IDNs
- Provides insights on business development assessments and clinical development programs from a payer perspective
- Works across brands in collaboration with Sales and Managed Markets Analytics to explore trends identified through secondary payer analytics to understand payer decision making and inform strategy
- Shares expertise in the payer space with other Market Research team members to develop capabilities and provide consultative managed markets advice at the brand level. In collaboration with other Market Research team members synthesizes insights across patient, physician, and payer customers.
- Builds capabilities and frameworks to consistently assess and test payer marketing and new product planning strategies and tactics
- Designs payer primary market research studies to address business information needs within and/or across therapeutic areas. Translates issues into study objectives, defines project scope and timelines, and selects appropriate methodology. Selects supplier and supervises recruitment of respondents, fieldwork, and creation of final deliverables.
- Leads the development of discussion guides/questionnaires, analyzes data, and prepares custom summaries with meaningful implications and actionable recommendations in a timely manner
- Develops and maintains deep expertise in past, current, and anticipated therapeutic area issues, industry trends, competitor products, and future pipeline products
- Establishes and manages annual market research budget for strategic market research plan for payer information needs
- Develops, standardizes, and implements best practices and innovations to improve research execution and analysis. Identifies, recommends, and implements opportunities for efficiency in research processes and methodologies.
- Provides training on marketplace knowledge and research processes to internal stakeholders and external vendors, agencies, and alliance partners
- Tracks payer attitudes, KPIs, and decisions on Takeda products over time. Tests value propositions, messages, and Managed Markets field tools. Identifies value drivers for payers and IDNs. Supports decision making related to account segmentation, contracting, pricing, and rebate strategy.
- In collaboration with Analytics & Insights and Managed Markets colleagues triangulates field intelligence, secondary analytics, and primary research
- Creates and maintains synthesized summary of existing foundational marketplace knowledge to prevent redundant research. Collects market information for ad hoc business questions. Integrates data from multiple sources and creates custom summaries of findings and disseminates findings as required.
- Understands and complies with market research regulatory, legal, pharmacovigilance, and compliance guidelines
- BA or BS in business, marketing, and social sciences
- 4+ years primary market research related experience
- 2+ years payer market research experience
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, particularly Excel, PowerPoint, and Word
- Advanced degree in business, marketing, and social sciences
- Experience on client or supplier side of industry
- Experience in consulting in pharmaceutical or health care industry
- 4+ years payer market research experience
- Experience conducting market research to inform business development or new product planning
Knowledge and Skills:
- Complete understanding of qualitative research methodologies, application and working knowledge of marketing analytics, sales analytics, decision science, and quantitative market research
- Ability to thrive under tight deadline and work confidently amidst ambiguity and uncertainty
- Demonstrated proficiency in leading and influencing cross-functional teams. Able to gain buy-in and promote shared ownership of projects.
- Must possess excellent analytic and proactive problem solving skills. Analyzes situations to think of new solutions and make recommendations.
- Excellent communication of ideas including written and in-person presentation skills in a persuasive and appropriate manner. Ability to frequently communicate changes and intentions with high level of transparency to all stakeholders.
- Demonstrated project planning and project management skills. Ability to set priorities and develop and manage multiple projects and timelines simultaneously.
- Extensive knowledge of market research industry principles and practices. Ability to draw insights from data and research findings.
- Extensive knowledge of managed markets and payer landscape
- Ability to actively and objectively listen to internal partners to ensure research design addresses business needs Ability to build strong positive relationships with internal and external stakeholders. Ability to manage vendor relationships and maintain an accurate budget.
- Ability to quickly learn about therapeutic areas and products
- Confidence to try new solutions and willingness to take calculated risks associated with innovation and change in research methodologies and processes
we are driven to improve people's lives www.takedajobs.com Takeda is an EEO employer of minorities, women, disabled, protected veterans. For more information, visit http://www.takeda.us/careers/EEO_Policy_Statement.aspx No Phone Calls or Recruiters Please. *LI-DB-USA1
A little about us:
Takeda fosters an inclusive environment where all employees are empowered, supported and inspired to use their unique talents toward our mission to serve patients.