Payer Relations Manager (Field Reimbursement Manager) - BAKERSFIELD
Location: Bakersfield, California
Posted: November 23, 2017
Reference ID: WD146236
Why You?Basic qualifications:
• Bachelor's Degree
• Minimum of 5 years experience in pharmaceutical and/or health care industry including a specialty division, or experience in Provider Relations/Reimbursement Department of a third-party payer or insurance company.
• Ability to travel up to 75%
• Must be located near a major airport within the territory.
• Valid driver's license.
• MBA, MPH or other advanced degree
• Basic knowledge of the payer environment including state, federal, private third party reimbursement issues, methodologies and policies for physician- and self-administered drugs
• Strong customer focus with building relationships, issue identification and resolution, problem-solving and project management skills
• Ability to operate independently and handle multiple projects with a high degree of initiative and operate successfully in matrix environment reporting into reimbursement function while deployed in the field
• Highly organized, strategic thinker with excellent verbal, written and presentation communication skills
• Reimbursement experience for immunology, oncology or other specialty infused products in a buy and bill setting across all sites of care
• Strong knowledge of provider office and hospital outpatient department reimbursement environments, regulations, customers, and market dynamics.
• Comprehensive understanding of Medicare Parts A, B, C, D and knowledge of commercial insurance reimbursement.
• Understanding of the miscellaneous and permanent J code, Q code and possible issues surrounding appropriate billing.
• Experience working with reimbursement call centers for patient access
At GSK, our mission is to improve the quality of human life by enabling people to do more, feel better and live longer. Our three world-leading businesses research and deliver innovative medicines, vaccines and consumer healthcare products. We need a talented and motivated workforce to deliver against our strategy. To achieve this, we strive to attract the best people and to create an environment that empowers and inspires.
You may apply for this position online by selecting the Apply now button.
If you require an accommodation or other assistance to apply for a job at GSK, please contact the GSK HR Service Centre at 1-877-694-7547 (US Toll Free) or +1 801 567 5155 (outside US).GSK is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, pregnancy, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, age, disability, genetic information, military service, covered/protected veteran status or any other federal, state or local protected class.
Important notice to Employment businesses/ Agencies
GSK does not accept referrals from employment businesses and/or employment agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site. All employment businesses/agencies are required to contact GSK's commercial and general procurement/human resources department to obtain prior written authorization before referring any candidates to GSK. The obtaining of prior written authorization is a condition precedent to any agreement (verbal or written) between the employment business/ agency and GSK. In the absence of such written authorization being obtained any actions undertaken by the employment business/agency shall be deemed to have been performed without the consent or contractual agreement of GSK. GSK shall therefore not be liable for any fees arising from such actions or any fees arising from any referrals by employment businesses/agencies in respect of the vacancies posted on this site.
Please note that if you are a US Licensed Healthcare Professional or Healthcare Professional as defined by the laws of the state issuing your license, GSK may be required to capture and report expenses GSK incurs, on your behalf, in the event you are afforded an interview for employment. This capture of applicable transfers of value is necessary to ensure GSK's compliance to all federal and state US Transparency requirements. For more information, please visit GSK's Transparency Reporting For the Record site.