Fueled by a fundamental belief that having access to financial services creates opportunity, PayPal (NASDAQ: PYPL) is committed to democratizing financial services and empowering people and businesses to join and thrive in the global economy. Our open digital payments platform gives PayPal's 210 million active account holders the confidence to connect and transact in new and powerful ways, whether they are online, on a mobile device, in an app, or in person. Through a combination of technological innovation and strategic partnerships, PayPal creates better ways to manage and move money, and offers choice and flexibility when sending payments, paying or getting paid. Available in more than 200 markets around the world, the PayPal platform, including Braintree, Venmo and Xoom enables consumers and merchants to receive money in more than 100 currencies, withdraw funds in 56 currencies and hold balances in their PayPal accounts in 25 currencies.
As member of our People Team. This candidate would be leading culture and engagement for the Headquarter in San Jose, CA. The purpose of this role is to lead through influence the various functions that support our HQ Employee Experience by creating an inspiring workplace and that reflects our mission, brand and care for our employees.
Passion for leading a team of experts that ensures PayPal HQ is a great place to work, visit, oozes with our culture, values and behaviors and is a place that feels welcoming to all.
Responsibilities includes the following:
- HQ Event Strategy
- Design and execute employee events at San Jose HQ supporting over 3,000 employees that activate our culture and behaviors. The main experiences historically being (see separate file for ideas on additional event opportunities:
- New Year's Party
- Kids @ Work
- Other events like (Halloween, Diwali, Charity Drives, Community Events, etc)
- Employee Perks and Services that create convenience and surprise & delight to our employees by curating external service offers (e.g. car wash, employee discounts) as well as internal benefits (e.g. flu shots)
- Communication strategy for HQ (working with the comms team)
- Partner on HQ Newsletter, signage, advertising of services, creating and maintaining community out-reach guidelines and HQ facility guidelines
- Real Estate and Facility Strategy for HQ (working with the Real estate and Facility team)
- Partner on cafeteria management, PayPal store management, large conference room space management, partner on site related changes, snack program for floor kitchens
- Partner with Security ensuring physical safety standards are met
- External Visitor Strategy
- Partner to ensure we have a repeatable and scalable process to give our visitors an amazing experience at HQ.
- Design different experiences based on visitor segment (customers, partners, non-profits, schools, candidates, employees who work outside HQ, etc.)
- Onboarding Strategy of new hires at HQ (work with the onboarding team)
- Partner on ensuring the new hire experience at HQ is a defining moment, create moments of magic (desk experience, welcome experience, networking opportunities).
- Must be able to build a coalition of the willing:
- Collaborate with EA network to create executive visibility in the community and allow for event participation as well as to anticipate event conflicts
- Seek out passionate people who will help HQ be a thriving environment for our values and behaviors
- Recognize those that are giving of their discretionary time to make HQ a better place to work.
- Must be able to think end to end:
- By creating experiences that start with our mission and end with desired outcomes of building a great place to work at HQ
- By collaborating with other PayPal sites to share best practices, expand HQ offerings to other sites, gather feedback and create a community of site leaders and employee experiences.
- Must be able to be strategic and tactical:
- By thinking like an entrepreneur must be able seamlessly create the strategy and execute the experience.
- Must be able to build trust through Say / Do
- Communicate across various channels to address the community. Facilitate employee feedback and identify employees' needs, embrace the human side of things, and serve as POC as well as sounding board
- Create/manage channels for feedback loops related to events on site to monitor engagement and improve interactions
- Must be able to fail fast and learn
- By experimenting and trying new things you quickly learn what is resonating
- Perform multiple tests to determine what approach / experience was more successful
- Know when to ask for permission or forgiveness
- Be comfortable with ambiguity and not having all the answers but letting outcomes and guiding principles drive your decisions.
Bottom line: Passion for leading a team of experts that ensures PayPal HQ is a great place to work and or visit, oozes with our culture, values and behaviors and is a place that feels welcoming to all.
- Needs to be able to bring great event and project management skills.
- Executer at heart! End to end strategic thinker!
- Budgeting experience and a knack for creating memorable experiences with little budget.
- Vendor management and contracts negotiating skills.
- Multilateral communicator w/knack for Social Media
- Networker / connector at heart that can negotiate amongst the various stakeholder's requirements while keeping the employee community's best interest in mind.
- Ability to align on the ground activities with broader vision and mission as well as strategic goals.
- Exhibit both customer and employee empathy. Following up on feedback is essential and continuous improvement to address problems at the root cause.
We're a purpose-driven company whose beliefs are the foundation for how we conduct business every day. We hold ourselves to our One Team Behaviors which demand that we hold the highest ethical standards, to empower an open and diverse workplace, and strive to treat everyone who is touched by our business with dignity and respect. Our employees challenge the status quo, ask questions, and find solutions. We want to break down barriers to financial empowerment. Join us as we change the way the world defines financial freedom.
PayPal provides equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, PayPal will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities.
Help us reinvent money. At PayPal, we're looking for global thinkers who can invent new ways to make money safe and accessible for people everywhere.