Essential Job Functions:
- Perform Quarterly Reconciliation and Data Analysis between Tax Liability, Deposits, W2
- Play a lead role in Year End processing for accurate W2, T4 and RL1
- Compile data for tax and Workers Comp audits.
- Analyze, Research and resolve all incoming tax correspondence from taxing jurisdictions.
- Direct communication with tax agencies and ADP
- Document processes and procedures for proper tax set up in payroll system.
- Participate in creation of Legal Entity communication for tax adjustments and register entities in new states.
- Research and resolve ADP error (tax jurisdiction, etc.)
- Research and resolve items in the GL pertaining to Tax
- Communicate ideas and contribute to the development of the department and corporate goals.
- Process Tax Amendments required resulting from W2C's, following up on all tax refunds and tax balances due. Requires the utilization of ADP Compliance Tools.
- Payroll Production Reporting - Identify areas of improvement for internal/external business partners and to find common issues/concerns.
- Payroll Tax Auditing - Review Balance and Correct tax amounts for all payrolls processed.
- Generate and maintain all tax reporting.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of US multi-state payroll practices and procedures.
- Ability to quickly absorb Oracle and ADP product knowledge, process information and apply appropriately to meet requirements
- Strong analytical and technical skills (Tax and Financial)
- Working knowledge of applicable state, federal, wage and hour laws.
- Working knowledge of payroll systems, Oracle preferred
- Advanced MS PC skills, including MS Excel (Pivot Table & Lookup experience required)
- Demonstrated organization skills
- Ability to identify problems and recommend solutions
- Ability to work independently or as a member of a team
- Ability to communicate orally and in writing
- Ability to set priorities, meet deadlines and multi-task with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be detail oriented and obtain a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to maintain confidentiality of all information
- Participates in execution of department strategy, develops approaches/processes to accomplish goals and deadline driven
Required Education, Training and Experience:
- 3-5 years Payroll Tax Experience (multi FEIN/State/Local)
- Knowledge of ADP Tax Service Operations
- Oracle experience a plus
- Advanced knowledge of Excel
Responsible for assisting in the preparation, distribution, and accounting of employee payroll.
Serves as a liaison to employees and third party payroll vendors to ensure payroll processing accurately reflects company specific pay policies. Audits employee pay records and reconciles totals by departmental cost center, location, etc. Participates in payroll system upgrades and implementations. Works directly with employees to resolve outstanding payroll inquiries. Ensures FLSA status is correctly captured in the system per employee. Interprets pay policies, e.g. vacation, LOA, disability, workers compensation, governmental regulations, withholding exemptions, etc. and ensures amounts/deductions are calculated and applied to various accounts correctly. Ensures company compliance with federal and state payroll standards. In house payroll expert, staying current with changes in the law. May assist with audits such as internal, state, federal, etc. for correctly classifying and paying employees. May prepare tax reports and related documentation. Documents payroll processes and procedures. May train other payroll staff. May be back up to those who perform specialized tasks or activities.
Duties and tasks are standard with some variation. Completes own role largely independently within defined policies and procedures.Oracle is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability and protected veterans status or any other characteristic protected by law.