Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
Robert Half is seeking a Payroll Analyst (Corporate Payroll) to join the Staff Payroll Operations The Team is responsible for the end-to-end payroll processing and customer service for Corporate Services Staff within North America. Prepares, processes, and audits on and off-cycle payments, final checks, W4's, direct deposits, timesheets and other payroll related transactions within service level agreements while maintaining data integrity, privacy, compliance and audit control requirements. Contributes to payroll business process improvements, system enhancements and maintenance, and provides solutions to customer issues and inquiries.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Understands Robert Half Company and payroll processes and facilitates the assignment/distribution and flow of processing tasks to the team. Approves transactions as required. Runs and reviews audit reports to ensure errors are identified and corrected timely. Runs pay calc processing and balances positive pay. Completes and settles the payroll run. Runs and audits tax reporting including validation of year end. Sets up bulk upload and download to/from systems. Creates integration files (EIBs) and reconciles/audits data. Coordinates and perform testing/projects between Payroll team and Workday as requested. Monitors and report system issues and identify potential enhancements. Research and resolve payroll interface errors. Audit resolution of complex adjustments and error corrections. Participate in and support various system projects, as requested.
- Works with the Payroll Customer Service Representatives to resolve escalated customer service issues regarding paychecks, direct deposits, garnishments, adjustments, and issues related to payroll close. Acts as a backup to the Payroll Customer Service Specialist on occasions when scheduling or call volumes require additional coverage. Resolves customer (employee) inquiries by answering questions, determining likely solutions and resolving or routing issues for handling. Solves problems using available resources and expertise. Demonstrates a “can-do” attitude when unanticipated issues come up. Uses effective listening and communication skills to receive and relay information and instructions to/from others in order to resolve problems. Escalates issues to payroll manager when appropriate or after efforts of the team to solve issues have not produced a resolution.
- Ensure all reporting complies with applicable regulatory requirements. May coordinates preparation of internal and external audit documents and manage audit activities. Complies with company policies and processes. Uses judgment to ensure confidentiality and the appropriate use of all manners of sensitive or confidential information handled. Actively guards the security of Personal Identifiable Information (PII). Discusses or escalates issues within the appropriate chain of command before making exceptions to policy or process. Follows established guidelines in compliance with internal controls (Sarbanes-Oxley) and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Serves as a payroll "subject matter expert" answering questions regarding payroll process or systems. Updates training materials and participate in the training of new team members.
- Provides feedback to management regarding development and training needs of the payroll team. Provide direction to team on complex payroll topics. Helps the payroll operations team meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) by ensuring the timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions. Provides team support, guidance and help build team morale. Directs daily processing activities and assignments of tasks to the team. Provide input to the manager for performance management process. Identifies opportunities for improvements to systems, processes and policies. Surfaces ideas and suggestions through the appropriate channels.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred or equivalent experience
- 3+ years payroll / accounting or related experience, with a degree, 5+ years’ experience without a degree. Proven communication and leadership skills. Prior accounting experience preferred.
- Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft applications in (Excel, Word, Outlook). Ability to use online knowledge base applications, and quickly learn new systems and software. Payroll experience in Workday required.
- Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) preferred
- Ability to adapt to shifting work priorities.
- Ability to collaborate with the team to produce deliverables.
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and quality standards.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas verbally and in writing.
- Ability to demonstrate detail-orientation and customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently, and with others. Ability to coordinate daily production activities, prioritize work, and be detailed and service oriented.
- Ability to demonstrate strong critical thinking and problem-solving skills. Ability to analyze problems and apply sound decision-making.
- Ability to grasp new concepts, including technology and to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and operate in an environment with regulatory/compliance requirements.
- Ability to transfer job knowledge to other team members
- Ability to demonstrate leadership, change management, project management skills.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate Staffing
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128