Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies is currently recruiting for a Payroll Analyst, Garnishments within the Johnson & Johnson Global Services organization. The position will be based in New Brunswick, NJ.
Caring for the world, one person at a time, inspires and unites the people of Johnson & Johnson. We embrace research and science – bringing innovative ideas, products and services to advance the health and well-being of people. Employees of the Johnson & Johnson Family of Companies work with partners in health care to touch the lives of over a billion people every day, throughout the world.
We have more than 275 operating companies in more than 60 countries, with more than 128,700 employees. Our worldwide headquarters is located in New Brunswick, New Jersey, USA.
Johnson & Johnson Global Services, the global shared services organization supporting the businesses of Johnson & Johnson, performs select functional work in a consistent manner across regions and sectors using simplified, standardized end-to-end processes and state-of-the-art technology. The vision of Johnson & Johnson Global Services is “to be trusted business partners who deliver increasing value by creating and sustaining globally standard world-class services that enable the power of Johnson & Johnson.”
There are more than 2,000 employees in Human Resources, Finance and Procurement who work for Johnson & Johnson Global Services in key service centers located in Manila, Suzhou, Prague, Bogota and Tampa, as well as in local country-based hubs.
The Payroll Analyst, Garnishments will:
• Review, interpret, and set up garnishment transactions with accuracy and consistency according to established timelines, standards, and procedures.
• Handle complex and/or sensitive payroll requests and issues related to garnishments.
• Manage garnishment receipt and provide to third party garnishment supplier as appropriate. Collect, analyze, and reconcile garnishments data on a regular basis.
• Verify garnishment order for verification of income (VOI) & verification of employment (VOE)
• Maintain employee records and payroll deductions for creditor garnishments, tax/state levies and child/spousal support, and student loan enforcement orders. Perform review and reconciliation of records on a regular basis.
• Conduct garnishment funding, management of third party vendor as it relates to garnishments, and handling of third party vendor errors.
• Create reports of activities and findings to document results and review with the manager.
• Analyze financial data and provide input to the payroll manager.
• Document and review payroll operations procedures. Work with the manager and Service Center Documentation team to contribute to the ongoing development and maintenance of documentation (e.g., Standard Operating Procedures, Work Instructions) to ensure complete, accurate, and up-to-date depiction of processes. Partner with the Manager to assure version control, retention, and inventory of associated documentation.
• Partner with Payroll Coordinators with day-to-day execution of duties and guide them regarding proper procedures, policies, and requirements. May review and “sign off” on Coordinator transactions.
• Assist the manager with day-to-day task planning and special projects.
• Business Improvement & Alignment
• Assure understanding of garnishment and broader Payroll strategies.
• Review, follow, and provide input to payroll team objectives.
• Provide ideas, solutions, and tools to increase the effectiveness and efficiency of garnishment processing.
• Assist in the development, reporting, and review of metrics to drive performance, identify trends, and develop/implement process improvements, escalating issues and proposed solutions as appropriate.
• Assist the manager with capturing and responding to escalated issues, policies, and procedures from government agencies, payroll functions, and the operating companies.
Teamwork and Individual Development
• Communicate regularly with manager, team members, and appropriate stakeholders regarding task or project status and opportunities to improve service levels or processes. Escalate issues as appropriate to ensure quality service levels.
• Participate in and support departmental initiatives.
• Seek feedback, continuously learn, and take advantage of opportunities to improve knowledge, skill, and experience. Monitor results to improve effectiveness and efficiency.
• Assist others where possible for the good of the team and department. Adhere to company, department, and team standards of professionalism and protocol. Assure that behavior complies with the J&J credo and supports a positive work environment.
• Mentor and guide Payroll Coordinators.
• Provide or share garnishment knowledge across the organization.
• Bachelor’s degree is required.
• Degree in Accounting, Finance, or related business field is preferred.
• Minimum of 2 years of related experience is required.
• Experience in garnishments is required.
• Experience in a large multi-state company as an analyst or coordinator is preferred.
• Experience in a shared service center environment is preferred.
• Demonstrated competent understanding of garnishments process, procedures, controls, regulations and compliance requirements is required.
• Significant analytical and problem solving skills and attention to detail is required.
• Proficient verbal and written communication skills in order to communicate with customers, peers, and vendors is required.
• A sense of urgency in solving customer requests to ensure timely resolution and an ability to work under pressure, multi-task, and meet deadlines is required.
• Demonstrated high degree of confidentiality and sensitivity to compliance-related matters is required.
• Ability to influence others, identify problems, and recommend a course of action is required.
• Experience working on payroll projects is required.
• Ability to process complex information and identify solutions that meet both internal and business partner requirements is required.
• Demonstrated ability to handle ambiguity and fluid situations, demonstrating a pragmatic approach is required.
• Proficient interpersonal skills and the ability to successfully work with internal stakeholders and colleagues to contribute ideas, identify opportunities, and contribute to positive outcomes is required.
• Knowledge of standard business practices and professionalism in a customer service environment is required.
• Ability to excel in a team based environment, demonstrating customer service and teamwork and experience working through conflict to reach a successful resolution is required.
• Demonstrated ability to disseminate knowledge and techniques. Experience providing feedback to help others understand the rationale of desired outcomes and standards is required.
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) or Fundamental Payroll Certification (FPC) is preferred.
• Experience with an ERP system is required.
• Payroll modules of SAP is preferred.
• Experience with payroll applications and service providers is required.
• Experience with Microsoft tools and applications is required.