GE Global Operations
Global Operations Human Resources
GE Global Operations is GE's shared services organization. We deliver processes in every business and every
region around the world. In Finance, Supply Chain, Tax, Commercial Operations, HR Operations, EHS, Enterprise
Data and IT, we are simplifying the way we work to create better outcomes at lower cost for GE and our
customers. We foster rewarding career opportunities that expand horizons, enhance skills, and maximize
We strive to be the world's best shared services operation, enabling GE's strategy by delivering for our customers,
businesses, investors and employees.
GE offers a great work environment, professional development, challenging careers, and competitive compensation. GE is anEqual Opportunity Employer. Employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, religion, national or ethnic origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, protected veteran status or other characteristics protected by law.
Posted Position Title
Payroll & Benefits Specialist - Payroll
Location(s) Where Opening Is Available United States
U.S. State, China or Canada Provinces
As a member of the Payroll and Compensation CoE you will support delivery of compensation plans, ensuring quality and compliance, to more than 450K employees and pensioners across 90 countries. Through delivery of multiple wing-to-wing Payroll & Benefits processes with internal and external stakeholders you will develop in-depth knowledge of company Payroll and Benefits systems, processes, federal and state legislative rules and resolving operational issues and driving process improvements.
* Responsible for successful execution & oversight of a process, or a set of processes - driving delivery, quality, and compliance
* Process weekly and daily payrolls in PeopleSoft
* Interface with Digital Information Technology Team to troubleshoot and resolve problems within the PeopleSoft payroll system
* Maintain & analyze performance metrics
* Drive increased productivity and compliance through process improvements, standardization and simplification
* Promote "Best in Class" Service while working cross functionally with internal teams and suppliers
* Advise and resolve complex questions/requests/issues for customers (GE Businesses, HR, employees)
* Work collaboratively across internal teams and establish strong working relationships with GE Businesses and key stakeholders
* Build technical competency in triage, problem solving, and system enhancements
* Build process competency through LEAN
* Maintain high standards of accuracy and quality to ensure compliance with relevant legal and GE policy requirements
* Continuously build and share area of expertise; keep current with internal and external updates and changes
* Support cross-functional project efforts
* Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 4 years of experience in Human Resources, Pay or Benefits.
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
GE will only employ those who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening. Any offer of employment is conditioned upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screen.
* Prior experience in a Pay & Benefits role
* Experience of coordinating payroll & benefits processes in a HR Shared Service environment
* Demonstrated strong analytical and clear thinking skills; experience identifying trends and implementing process improvements
* Demonstrated communication skills and ability to work/collaborate within a team
* Demonstrated organizational skills, attention to detail, and accuracy
* Ability to anticipate and resolve challenges
* Experience establishing and maintaining customer and supplier relationships
* Demonstrated success in process improvement and project management
* Demonstrated leadership and strong facilitation skills
* Proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
* Systems application expertise (PeopleSoft, Oracle, other ERP)
* Prior successful HRMS application design, development, testing, and implementation experience
* Knowledge of how relational databases work
* Solid understanding of national legislative payroll and benefits rules
* Data privacy and controllership awareness
A little about us:
GE imagination at work.