Job Specific Knowledge
- Initial focus will be to rotate through all Groups within the Payroll Organization (Processing, Time Management, and Tax/ Projects/ Interface Management) to gain a thorough understanding of all processes and systems. The position's ongoing responsibilities will be in support of the Tax/Projects/Interface Management Group and to act as back-up for other functional areas as business needs dictate.
- Develop strong working relationships with all business partners to ensure effective collaboration.
- Research and analyze exception items for root cause and drive resolution.
- Assist Financial Analyst with general ledger inquiries.
- Develop policies and procedures to ensure adherence to internal controls and payroll regulations.
- Support team in creation and documentation of processes and procedures with the goal of creating a more efficient and controlled environment.
- Using technical and analytical skills, participate/drive continuous process improvements.
- Understand the end-to-end functional processes as well as how the functional processes integrate with the overall end-to-end payroll processes.
- Support merger and acquisition activities.
- Extensive knowledge of federal, state and local payroll regulations and federal and state wage and hours laws (FLSA) in a multi-state organization.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, both independently and within a team.
- Excellent communication skills, time management, organizational, and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to effectively manage multiple tasks, work independently, solve problems, make informed decisions and adapt to rapidly changing priorities.
- 4-6 years in a payroll function in a complex company (5K multi-state employee base) to include processing, payroll tax, timekeeping, system implementation, reporting, and general ledger.
- Bachelor's degree from a four year college or university with a major in accounting or finance or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with the ADP COS model, Workday or Kronos a plus.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office Tools (Excel, Word, Power Point, Visio, Access).
- CPP a plus.
Applied Materials is committed to diversity in its workforce including Equal Employment Opportunity for Minorities, Females, Protected Veterans and Individuals with Disabilities.