Posted: April 15, 2017
Reference ID: 113008637
Visa Inc. is a global payments technology company that connects consumers, businesses, financial institutions and governments in more than 200 countries and territories, enabling them to use digital currency instead of cash and checks.
Visa does not issue cards, extend credit or set rates and fees for consumers. Visa's innovations enable its bank customers to offer consumers choices: Pay now with debit, ahead of time with prepaid or later with credit products. From the world's major cities to remote areas without banks, people are increasingly relying on digital currency along with mobile technology to use their money anytime, make purchases online, transfer funds and access basic financial services. All of which makes their lives easier and helps grow economies.
Behind the Visa brand are our talented employees who continuously raise the bar with innovative solutions and products that deliver the convenience and security of digital currency to more people all over the world.
Provide leadership for the day-to-day operations of the system payroll for North American (NA) regions. Develops and controls all tasks necessary to accomplish the payroll processing objectives for NA, including relationships with internal and external auditors, regulatory and tax authorities. Manages the overall day-to-day payroll functions including, payroll processing, payroll taxes, reviewing and revising policies and procedures, internal controls, and system review. Maintains necessary vendor relationships and compliance.
• This role manages semi-monthly payrolls for US and Canada.
• Responsibility includes payroll delivery, vendor management, operational effectiveness initiatives, and development of service level metrics and management of end-to-end controls for payroll processes while also developing an organization-wide culture of continuous improvement.
• Accountability for audit support, compliance support, service delivery excellence, governance with key business partners, ensuring successful implementation of all regional acquisitions, driving process improvement and automation.
• Support the design, implementation and operational delivery of a standardized payroll tools for enabling continuous improvement of the employee/customer experience.
• Design, develop, and implement payroll business processes, polices and work rules; and create and maintain payroll process repository for Asia Pacific.
• Foster an environment in which customer needs and requirements are anticipated and expectations are exceeded. Analyze actual data for trends, drivers and performance results against industry benchmarks to drive compliance/quality improvement.
• Diagnose complex payroll problems and make recommendations to improve efficiency and effectiveness.
• Facilitate development of payroll project plans and schedules relating to ongoing enterprise-wide and internal enhancement projects.
• Assist with vendor selection and manage regional vendor relationships to deliver timely, accurate and compliant reimbursements.
• Interpret company policies affecting payroll procedures and recommend enhancements as needed.
• Design and implement proper segregation of duties, controls, and internal self-audits. Ensure compliance with all corporate policies and procedures. Partner with Internal Audit team to provide compliance reporting and process controls while ensuring no high risk audit comments.
• Develop/maintain payroll disaster recovery methodology.
• Ensure payroll transactions are properly classified and in compliance with general accounting principles, and audit requirements.
• Manage staff engaged in the processing of payroll, time and attendance, relevant deductions, and overall compliance; create an environment that is conducive to full performance; and ensure continuous training, and high morale.
• Collaborate with Benefits, Compensation, and HR communities in the support of HR Business initiatives.
• Responsibility for the development and career growth for direct reports.
• Foster a high rate of associate engagement within the team to develop high performing employees: Build a positive work environment that encourages teamwork. Retain and develop employees through training, career development, and timely reward and recognition. Regularly provide coaching and mentoring sessions that promote employee performance and development, creating a motivational and rewarding environment which promotes continuous learning & growth.
• Create routines and collaborative partnerships to document and share best practices broadly. Understand business partners' needs and effectively propose recommendations.
• Minimum Education - BA/BS degree in Finance, Accounting, Business or Human Resources or
• Minimum 8-10+ years relevant experience managing a payroll operations team preferably in a mid to large (12,000+ FTE) technology, finance and or corporate environment with multi-unit / jurisdictional payroll
• Certified Payroll Professional (CPP) Designation is desired.
• Knowledge of employment regulations in the respective jurisdictions
• Knowledge of accounting, with a focus on compensation accounting
• Experience in designing, implementing and reviewing internal controls aimed at reducing operational risk
• Strong verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work collaboratively across teams and vendors
• Strong client service mentality; able to develop strong working relationships with team, internal partners and vendors to deliver high quality service
• Ability to successfully handle numerous priorities in a dynamic environment Preferred Qualifications:
• Experience with Payroll / Time Reporting / HR / Absence Management
• Experience with ADP and /or Work-Day payroll platforms
• Experience with Shared Service and Regional Delivery models for payroll
• Expert knowledge on MS Office; Word, PowerPoint, and Excel, HRIS and experience with ADP, CloudPay or other global payroll platforms
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines