Do you believe you have management potential? Do you have a passion for payroll and helping others? Do you enjoy working with numbers in a fast-paced environment? Realize your leadership potential in our patient account services department and apply today to be a Payroll Manager!
We serve and enable those who care for and improve human life in their communities.
Parallon, a division of HCA, is an industry-leading provider of patient financial and revenue cycle services to acute care providers across the United States. We are dedicated to our values and passionate about finding future leaders for our fast-growing divisions in the Dallas/Fort Worth area. Although we are the largest healthcare provider in the world and experts and leaders in revenue cycle services, we maintain a people-first culture and sense of community.
As a Payroll Manager, you will provide guidance, direction and mentoring to assigned staff to ensure accurate and timely payroll transactions. The Manager also assists the Director during the coordination and integration of facility payroll processes to the Payroll Service Center during the Legacy payroll consolidation and Lawson system transition processes. This position, in general, is responsible for supervising payroll staff/payroll processing in a consolidated, multi-state environment. Duties include, but are not limited to:
Qualifications: Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Possesses a detailed understanding of Legacy payroll system, Kronos time and attendance software, and Lawson payroll functionality
- Oversees assigned Payroll Service Center personnel, participating in hiring, promotion recommendations, salary adjustments and personnel actions
- Completes timely performance appraisals of assigned staff; also provides appropriate ongoing staff feedback
- Participates in the creation of training materials and ongoing training of staff
- Acts as a mentor to Payroll Service Center staff; providing guidance, direction and development opportunities
- Provides timely feedback to Director, ensuring timely issue escalation
- Organization - proactively prioritizes needs and effectively manages resources
- Communication - communicates clearly and concisely with staff, leadership and customers
- Leadership - guides assigned individuals and groups toward desired outcomes, setting high performance standards
- Customer Orientation - establishes and maintains long-term customer relationships, building trust and respect by consistently meeting and exceeding expectations
- Policies & Procedures - articulates knowledge and understanding of organizational policies, procedures and systems; including strong understanding of internal controls within a consolidated payroll processing environment
- PC Skills - demonstrates proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and others as required; ability to quickly learn new PC skills
- Assisting in Project Management - assesses work activities and allocates resources appropriately
- Start-Up Operations - understands complexities and needs to start-up, build and maintain a new business
- Bachelor's degree preferred
- High school diploma or equivalency required
- Minimum 3 - 5 years payroll processing experience
- Minimum 2 years supervisory experience
- Experience processing payroll on a large scale (i.e., more than 1,000 employees)
- Experience with healthcare payroll strongly preferred
- Experience in a consolidated, multi-state payroll environment preferred
- Certified Payroll Professional considered a plus
At Parallon, every employee is a valued member of our organization. You can expect to receive competitive salary, ongoing professional development, comprehensive benefits package, performance bonuses and more!
Check us out or follow us on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/parallon-business-solutions