At Vivint Solar, we're changing the way people generate and consume power. We believe that people should have a choice between using outdated, dirty technologies and using innovative, clean solutions to produce the energy they use to live every day. That's why we're making it easy for millions of people nationwide to choose to go solar. Simply stated, we're doing work that really makes a difference.
The Payroll Manager is responsible for managing staff, systems, processes, intra-department and third party administrator relationships to deliver timely and accurate payrolls. Provides technical payroll compliance recommendations and assistance to support initiatives of finance, benefits and compensation, internal operating groups and commissions. Responsible for coordinating and working collaboratively with cross-functional project teams to implement changes in integrated payroll/human resource systems. Remains apprised of current tax and regulation changes to comply with Federal, State and Local tax authorities and reporting agencies. Position requires the ability to effectively communicate with employees, executives, department heads, Human Resource managers, HRIS manager, auditors, tax authorities and third party administrators.
You'll change the world by...
- Develops and controls all tasks necessary to accomplish the organization's payroll processing objectives, including the interaction with internal and external auditors and state and federal agencies.
- Manage the payroll team of 3 team members
- Responsible for accurate processing of garnishments, deductions and taxes in multiple states for weekly and bi-weekly payrolls for a highly dynamic company to comply with federal, state and other jurisdiction tax and labor laws
- Responsible for all payroll related tax filings ensuring that they are filed timely and accurately
- Responsible for all equity related payroll transactions
- Researches and analyzes regulations to comply with all federal, state and local regulations regarding payroll operations and taxation. Includes Department of Labor, FLSA and all regulatory requirements. Ensures compliance with internal and external audit controls.
- Monitor and update internal controls and procedures for the company's payroll function as required by Sarbanes Oxley.
- Act as the company's expert on complex payroll issues - working with HR, Legal and Finance as needed.
You'll do that with your...
- Excellent verbal and communication skills.
- Self-driven and highly motivated attitude.
- Must be extremely diligent and detail oriented.
- Proven experience managing an experienced payroll department for a highly dynamic company.
You'll know you're ready if you...
- have a Bachelors degree
- have 5-7+ years of progressive payroll management experience
- Previous experience working with Workday and OSV preferred.
- Experience in sourcing for technical/non-technical candidates t
- CPP Designation preferred
One more thing...you'll be required to submit to a criminal history check, drug screening, and obtain clearance from the state based upon the state requirements.
Vivint Solar is a proud promoter of employment opportunities to our Military and Veterans. We, an equal opportunity employer, do not consider any protected traits (e.g. race, creed, color, religion, gender, national origin, non-job-related disability, age, or any other protected trait) when hiring-under federal, state and local laws.
A little about us:
Vivint Solar (NYSE: VSLR) is a leading provider of distributed solar energy to residential customers in the United States.