Job Description: That's a cool job! I want it!
The Payroll Manager is responsible for managing our international payroll processes for Splunk's various country processing centers. This position will report to and work closely with the Sr. Manger, Global Payroll. This position will provide the visionary and strategic direction of our international payroll processes and operations. This role will also assist in building a global system utilizing the standard global processes. The ideal candidate will have excellent leadership skills in identifying and implementing payroll process improvements and strong project management skills to coordinate the planning, implementation and administration of programs. In addition, this role will require to work with the payroll vendor to develop, adjust, and or enhance payroll systems and procedures due to changes in tax laws, regulations, and our pay policies compensation initiatives. This position will foster relationships with internal stakeholders such as Tax, Legal, Human Resources, IT, SOX, Internal Audit, as well as with our external vendors. This role is ideally suited for someone with the ability to lead, influence and effectively communicate cross-functionally in a fast-paced, growing and ever-changing environment. This position will also ensure timely and high value customer service to employees; including developing and adhering to established SLAs and ensuring research and responses are thorough.
Location: San Jose, CA
Responsibilities: I want to and can do that!*
- Manage International payroll processing, compliance and work closely with the local vendors and Accountants on various accounting activities, including exempt and non-exempt payrolls, expense report reimbursement, monthly quarterly accounting close activities, account maintenance and reconciliations, financial reporting and variance analysis.
- Overall management and analysis of payroll operations and related activities that ensure compliance with international jurisdictions for 800+ employees and growing.
- Direct the efforts of payroll staff and vendors to ensure timely and accurate process output.
- Maintain effective internal controls for the payroll function and proactively work with management to identify process improvements and gaps.
- Participate in the development, implementation, and maintenance of all payroll policies, objectives, and short long-term planning.
- Ensure financial reporting is standardized and ensure compliance with GAAP accounting rules that affect payroll accounts globally.
- Drive meetings with cross-functional departments (HR, Stock Admin, IT, Legal, Internal Audit, FP&A, etc.) to identify and implement payroll process improvements and best practices to drive excellence and eliminate errors.
- Resolve escalations, by working with the payroll vendor in obtaining and understanding root cause analysis and corrective action for all complex or non-routine situations for all levels of employees and management.
- Partner with Human Resources on all matters involving employee compensation, benefits and disability payments. Understand proper taxation of employer paid benefits and work with Benefits on the Worker's compensation & 401K annual audits by providing necessary reports.
- Work closely with Stock Admin to ensure timely stock compensation reporting.
- Work with F&A on quarterly cash flow forecasting as it relates to payroll and tax payments.
- Maintain professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Ensure proper review are in place for payroll output from payroll vendor. This include all payroll inputs are accurately captured. Includes but not limited to performing payroll analysis such as total gross payroll to net payment, average paid per headcount by country, and comparison of analysis to prior period, etc .
Requirements: I've already done that or have that!
- 10+ years of progressive payroll experience with a minimum of 5+ years of people management experience
- Certified Payroll Professional preferred
- Strong experience in development of efficiencies in payroll processes, directing changes, and internal controls
- In-depth knowledge of International payroll regulations and reporting requirements, including current multi-country payroll tax experience preferred
- Strong leadership skills, ability to prioritize tasks responsibilities, meet deadlines and thrive under the pressure of time constraints while maintain accuracy and focus on attention to detail
- Strong personal computer and business solutions software skills
- Proactive, assertive, strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Familiarity of international payroll processing systems is a plus
- Knowledge of Workday, and or NetSuite system is a plus
- Strong, professional interpersonal and communications skills, both verbal and written
- Leadership, project management, change management, and mentoring skills
- Ability to effectively communicate with and influence stakeholders at all levels
- Superior leadership and management skills supported by a strong customer service orientation and the ability to work in a team environment
- 25% Travel Required
Education: Got it!
- Bachelor's degree in business administration, accounting, finance, or related field preferred
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone. Machine data is one of the fastest growing and most complex areas of big data-generated by every component of IT infrastructures, applications, mobile phone location data, website clickstreams, social data, sensors, RFID and much more.
Splunk is focused specifically on the challenges and opportunity of taking massive amounts of machine data, and providing powerful insights from that data. IT insights. Security insights. Business insights. It's what we call Operational Intelligence.
Since shipping its software in 2006, Splunk now has over 13,000 customers in more than 110 countries around the world. These organizations are using Splunk to harness the power of their machine data to deepen business and customer understanding, mitigate cybersecurity risk, prevent fraud, improve service performance and reduce costs. Innovation is in our DNA - from technology to the way we do business. Splunk is the platform for Operational Intelligence!
Splunk has more than 2,700 global employees, with headquarters in San Francisco, an office in San Jose, CA and regional headquarters in London and Hong Kong.
We've built a phenomenal foundation for success with a proven leadership team, highly passionate employees and unique patented software. We invite you to help us continue our drive to define a new industry and become part of an innovative, and disruptive software company.
Benefits & Perks: Wow! This is really cool!
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO, sick leave, stocked micro kitchens in Splunk offices, catered lunches on Mondays, catered breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer, "Fun Fridays".
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Medical, full company paid Dental, Vision and Life Insurance, Flexible Spending and Dependent Care Accounts, Commuter Accounts, Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP), 401(k), 3 weeks of PTO and sick leave. Our work environments vary by location however we believe in hosting amenities and fun activities to fuel our energy. You may find fully stocked micro kitchens, catered lunches on Mondays and breakfast on Fridays, basketball hoops, ping pong, arcade games, BBQ's, soccer and "Fun Fridays".
This isn't a job - it's a life changer - are you ready?
Individuals seeking employment at Splunk are considered without regards to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, marital status, age, physical or mental disability or medical condition (except where physical fitness is a valid occupational qualification), genetic information, veteran status, or any other consideration made unlawful by federal, state or local laws. Click here to review the US Department of Labor's EEO is The Law notice. Please click here to review Splunk's Affirmative Action Policy Statement.
Splunk does not discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. Please click here to review Splunk's Pay Transparency Nondiscrimination Provision.
Splunk is also committed to providing access to all individuals who are seeking information from our website. Any individual using assistive technology (such as a screen reader, Braille reader, etc.) who experiences difficulty accessing information on any part of Splunk's website should send comments to email@example.com. Please include the nature of the accessibility problem and your e-mail or contact address. If the accessibility problem involves a particular page, the message should include the URL of that page.
Splunk doesn't accept unsolicited agency resumes and won't pay fees to any third-party agency or firm that doesn't have a signed agreement with Splunk.
To check on your application click here.
Splunk was founded to pursue a disruptive new vision: make machine data accessible, usable and valuable to everyone.