Overview About Aramark
Aramark (NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter . Description ARAMARK Sports and Entertainment:
The Sports and Entertainment division within ARAMARK Corporation serves more than 200 premier stadiums, arenas, convention centers and concert venues. Since 1975 we've created culinary memories throughout the United States. The secret to our success is that we start with great food and a well managed facility. We understand that ensuring a memorable experience for our customers goes far beyond the food we serve.
The Office Manager will be responsible for the supervision and control of general office functions: payroll, A/P, A/R, sales reporting, inventory, and operating statements. Supervises day-to-day data collection and completes basic accounting reports.
- Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of payroll, benefits, and taxes consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
- Ensure the processing of new hires, temporary workers, transfers, promotions and terminations is accurate and timely.
- Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations.
- Audit payroll balance sheets, YTD earnings, etc.
- Communicate actively with Operations, HR and Billing to review cross-departmental impacts and reconcile data sharing.
- Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts (union and non-union).
- Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.).
- Responsible for the operation of all accounting systems and records, including, but not limited to, cash receipts, expenditures, investments, purchasing, inventory, assets, payroll.
- Assists in the development and maintenance of financial reporting systems to insure integrity of finances based on sound accounting procedures and controls.
- Ensures that written performance evaluations of supervised employees are completed as required, provides continuous feedback on personnel performance issues, and takes immediate action to recognize achievements and address deficiencies or problems.
- Seeks customer and community input and investigates and acts upon requests, suggestions, and complaints concerning accounting policies and office operations.
- Supervises payroll and accounts payable employees.
- Leads and nurtures a work culture that promotes open, frequent and dynamic communication among staff, stimulating teamwork to accomplish desired goals and objectives.
- Assists in the preparation of the annual working Budget, Tax Levy, Budget and Appropriation Ordinance.
- Meets dates for financial documents.
- Reviews and authorizes check requests and purchase order invoices and advise of potential over-expenditures or misappropriation.
- Reconciles bank accounts and verify the bank balance with the general ledger.
- Supervises all month-end and year-end accounting procedures including preparation and entry of journal entries for Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, Payroll and General Ledger computer systems.
- Ideal candidates will possess a minimum of two years experience in accounting and payroll. Bachelor's Degree preferred.
- Ability to make recommendations to effectively resolve issues; ability to research, analyze and make recommendations based on various types of information and/or data.
- Ability to work in a fast paced environment and handle confidential information.
- The ability to manage in a diverse environment with focus on client and customer service along with strong interpersonal skills is essential.
- Must be able to work a flexible schedule that includes some weekend hours.
- Experience in Microsoft Office with advanced skills in Microsoft Excel.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.