Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
The Payroll Specialist is accountable for the day to day processing of payroll for 600-700 associates throughout several business divisions, in multiple states. The frequency varies between weekly, bi-weekly and semi-monthly. Needless to say, this is a high volume role!
We are looking for someone who thinks outside the box and is in search of a challenge! As a company, we have grown through many acquisitions. As a result, we have several different methods to capture our associates' time. Currently some time collection is done manually and some is done via Kronos. We are looking for a self-starter who is not afraid to wrap their arms around these payrolls and take ownership of them!
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Accurate and high volume payroll processing using ADP EV5
- Maintain paid time off balances and respond to field inquiries
- Update payroll records by processing status changes, tax updates, direct deposit elections and other voluntary deductions
- Offer ongoing automated timekeeping system (Kronos) training and assistance to field personnel.
- Collect, calculate, and import payroll data from timesheets and timekeeping system for payroll processing
- Verify accuracy of payroll data entered and compare against input documents
- Maintain payroll records and file all payroll related paperwork following each pay period
- Answer routine telephone inquiries concerning payroll issues in accordance with company policies and procedures
- Follow up on outstanding payroll checks and coordinate efforts with the Accounting department
- Support other Payroll Associates where needed
- Generate reports for various departments using ADP Reporting
- Adhere to internal control processes when initiating, recording, summarizing and reporting payroll transactions
- Other duties as assigned
- H.S. diploma or equivalent
- Minimum 4 years payroll experience, utilizing ADP EV5
- ADP Reporting experience preferred
- Kronos Workforce Central v6.3 experience preferred
- Basic knowledge of accounting is a plus
- FPC or CPP certification is preferred
- Excellent organization, documentation and follow-up skills
- Ability to communicate effectively with associates
- Ability to understand and carry out oral and written instructions and to request clarification when needed
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with co-workers, employees, and officials in other departments
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and projects and work under deadlines
- Ability to proficiently use Microsoft Excel and Word
- Must have a strong attention to detail
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disabilityQualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.