Cummins Sales & Service has supplied service and support to the Pacific Northwest and Alaska for more than 70 years as the authorized distributor of Cummins products and services. A commitment to excellence is deeply rooted in our tradition of exceptional service. Our employees are dedicated to delivering the "Best Every Time, Every Day" with the goal of earning customers for life!
We take pride in providing an unmatched high caliber of service and support for Cummins engines, generators, filters, and related products that serve the varied needs of our territory. Crucial to accomplishing this is the energy and commitment of Cummins employees to the company, but also to the communities in which we work and live.
We have an exciting opportunity in Portland, Oregon for a payroll specialist. This associate is responsible for processing the bi-weekly payroll by maintaining all payroll records, time keeping, and processing employee paperwork as it relates to pay
The position requires a professional individual who is highly methodical and detail oriented, yet acts with a sense of urgency with the ability to multi-task and work in a fast-paced environment. Confidentiality and discretion are required, along with excellent customer service skills.
Other duties include:
- Processes bi-weekly payroll using BMS.
- Maintains a customer service focus and customer-centered approach when dealing with employees at all levels of the organization.
- Maintains all payroll files. Creates, maintains and distributes annual payroll calendar.
- Audits payroll records, corrects errors, and partners with HR team to coordinate any internal communication processes.
- Maintains accuracy of time-tracking system on a regular basis. Reviews all time logs to ensure time has been approved by management prior to processing payroll.
- Prepares and distributes reports as scheduled and required.
- Answers employee questions related to pay and benefits deductions and resolves any issues. Troubleshoots employee problems with errors in time and labor reporting.
- Tracks employee sick and vacation time. Resolves employee queries. Makes corrections to accruals as requires.
- Processes requests for verification of employment.
- Responds to unemployment claims
- Maintains confidentiality of and ensures security of personnel and company data. Ensures proper retention and destruction of confidential information.
- Assists HR team members with HR-related administrative duties, filing, photocopying, collating documents, file audits and other ad hoc projects as requested.
To succeed in this role, the ideal candidate will have the following qualifications:
- Demonstrate excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Able to develop positive relationships with external and internal stakeholders
- Self-motivated, team player with desire to work and communicate effectively with customers and co-workers
- Intermediate skill level with Excel and Word.
- Demonstrate the ability to initiate, expedite and follow through to task completion
- Demonstrate ability to positively react to change in environment, processes and people
- Demonstrate ability to engage customers in a courteous and professional manner.
- Demonstrate ability to acquire skills and knowledge quickly; motivated to learn
Education and Experience:
- Associate's degree or equivalent certification preferred.
- Two years of payroll and/or HR experience preferred.
- Advanced knowledge of accounting and payroll processes preferred.
Compensation and benefits
Hourly wage commensurate with experience plus bonus. Additional benefits vary between locations and include options such as our 401(k) Retirement Savings Plan, Cash Balance Pension Plan, Medical/Dental/Life Insurance, Health Savings Account, Domestic Partners Coverage and a full complement of personal and professional benefits.
Cummins and E-verify
At Cummins, we are dedicated to diversity in the workplace and our policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all qualified persons without regard to race, age, color, sex, religion, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression or other status protected by law.
Cummins validates right to work using E-Verify. Cummins will provide the Social Security Administration (SSA) and, if necessary, the Department of Homeland Security (DHS), with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm work authorization.
Ready to work with ground-breaking products and technology? Apply for this opportunity to start your career with Cummins today.
Not ready to apply but want to learn more? Join our Talent Community to get the inside track on great jobs and confidentially connect to our recruiting team: http://connect.find.ly/cummins .
No, this isn't one of those ordinary jobs.