Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
Robert Half is seeking a Payroll Specialist I (Corporate Payroll) to join the Payroll Operations team. The team is responsible for the end-to-end payroll processing and customer service for Corporate Services Staff within North America. Prepares, processes, and audits on and off-cycle payments, final checks, W4's, direct deposits, timesheets and other payroll related transactions within service level agreements while maintaining data integrity, privacy, compliance and audit control requirements. Contributes to payroll business process improvements, system enhancements and maintenance, and provides solutions to customer issues and inquiries.
Specific responsibilities include:
- Understands Robert Half Company payroll processes and policies. Performs end-to-end payroll processing transactions including calculating final checks, processing tax adjustments, garnishments, stop pays, voids, direct deposit reversals and adjustments to earnings. Reviews error and audit reports, bank rejects, and other transaction reports and takes action to ensure the accuracy of payroll transactions and the timely delivery of payments to employees. Produces manual checks as needed. Verifies that all necessary transaction approvals are obtained. Reviews and edits worker cost allocations.
- Acts as a backup to the Payroll Customer Service Representatives on occasions when scheduling or call volumes require additional coverage. Resolves customer (employee) inquiries by answering questions, determining likely solutions and resolving or routing issues for handling. Solves problems using available resources. Demonstrates a “can-do” attitude when unanticipated issues come up. Uses effective listening and communication skills to receive and relay information and instructions to/from others in order to resolve problems.
- Complies with company policies and processes. Uses judgment to ensure confidentiality and the appropriate use of all manners of sensitive or confidential information handled. Actively guards the security of Personal Identifiable Information (PII). Discusses or escalates issues within the appropriate chain of command before making exceptions to policy or process. Follows established guidelines in compliance with internal controls (Sarbanes-Oxley) and applicable regulatory requirements.
- Assists in training and on-boarding of newly hired Payroll Specialists as required. Participate in and support various projects, as requested
- Helps the payroll operations team meet Service Level Agreements (SLAs) by ensuring the timely and accurate processing of payroll transactions. Identifies opportunities for improvements to systems, processes and policies. Surfaces ideas and suggestions through the appropriate channels.
- High School diploma or the equivalent, college coursework or degree preferred
- 3 years of related work experience. Proven customer service skills with previous experience. 1+ year previous payroll experience
- Intermediate proficiency in Microsoft applications in (Excel, Word, Outlook). Ability to use online knowledge base applications, and quickly learn new systems and software
- Ability to adapt to shifting work priorities
- Ability to collaborate with team to produce deliverables
- Ability to meet or exceed productivity and quality standards
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas verbally and in writing
- Ability to demonstrate customer service skills
- Ability to work independently, and with others, and prioritize work.
- Ability to demonstrate basic problem-solving skills
- Ability to grasp new concepts, including technology and to learn quickly
- Ability to understand and operate in an environment with regulatory/compliance requirements
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate Staffing
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128