Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability/Veteran
Waste Management (WM), a Fortune 250 company, is the leading provider of comprehensive waste and environmental services in North America. We are strongly committed to a foundation of operating excellence, professionalism and financial strength. WM serves nearly 25 million customers in residential, commercial, industrial and municipal markets throughout North America through a network of collection operations, transfer stations, landfills, recycling facilities and waste-based energy production projects. I. Job Summary
Performs highly specialized payroll tax functions on federal, state and local levels, including filing tax returns on a monthly, quarterly and annual basis, and researches employee and agency tax issues as well as federal/state audits. Working knowledge of Canadian payroll tax reporting (not required). II. Essential Duties and Responsibilities
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. Other minor duties may be assigned.
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
- Files federal, state, and local payroll tax returns.
- Assists in the filing Annual Forms W-2 and W-3.
- Files amended federal, state and local payroll tax returns.
- Researches and responds to any employee payroll tax issues.
- Researches and responds to all agency notices.
- Provides highly advanced federal and state tax law information to management by researching code sections, rules and regulations to provide advice on technical tax ramifications to the company.
- Responsible for the highly complex areas of tax audits including research and negotiations with federal, state, and local authorities.
- Reconciles and prepares employee gross-to-Form W-2 reconciliations.
- Assists in reviewing taxable moving expense and provides appropriate individual income tax form to employees for tax-compliance reporting.
- Facilitates good communication with federal, state and local authorities, company attorneys and tax consultants, and management.
This job has no supervisory duties, but may occasionally act as a team lead. IV. Qualifications
The requirements listed below are representative of the qualifications necessary to perform the job.
A. Education and Experience
- Education: Bachelor's Degree (accredited) in Accounting, Tax, Business Administration, or similar area of study or in lieu of degree, or High School Diploma or GED (accredited) and 5 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience: 5 years of relevant work experience.
B. Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Other Requirements
C. Other Knowledge, Skills or Abilities Required V. Work Environment
Listed below are key points regarding environmental demands and work environment of the job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Required to use motor coordination with finger dexterity (such as keyboarding, machine operation, etc.) most of the work day;
- Required to exert physical effort in handling objects less than 30 pounds rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical occupational risks (such as cuts, burns, exposure to toxic chemicals, etc) rarely;
- Required to be exposed to physical environment which involves dirt, odors, noise, weather extremes or similar elements rarely;
- Normal setting for this job is: office setting.
At Waste Management, each eligible employee receives a competitive total compensation package including Medical, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance and Short Term Disability. As well as a Stock Purchase Plan, Company match on 401K, and more! Our employees also receive Paid Vacation, Holidays, and Personal Days. Please note that benefits may vary by site.
If this sounds like the opportunity that you have been looking for, please click "Apply."
Waste Management, Inc. is North America's leading provider of integrated environmental solutions.