Join one of the World’s Most Admired Companies!
Founded in 1948, Robert Half is the world’s first and largest specialized staffing firm and the parent company of Protiviti, a global consulting firm. We offer our clients a full spectrum of specialized staffing and consulting solutions through our more than 400 locations in over 20 countries. Robert Half has appeared on FORTUNE® magazine’s list of “Most Admired Companies” every year since 1998, as well as numerous “Best Place to Work” lists around the world.
Our corporate employees are the backbone of our operations and work with our teams around the world. Each employee at our corporate services locations plays a role in our company’s success.
If you want to make a difference — and work in an environment where you can thrive and innovate — apply for this job today!
Robert Half is seeking a Payroll Tax Ops Specialist Sr
to join the Payroll Tax department. The department is responsible for tax reporting, tax compliance, researching, analyzing and resolving escalated or complex problems that result from payroll processing. Additionally responsible for balance sheet reconciliations and variance analysis, payroll tax reporting, preparation and correction of general ledger journal entries and international payroll. Specific responsibilities include:
- Prepare the reverse debit payment support and direct wire requests payments using ADP Invoices, ADP COS Statistical Summary Batch Reports, PeopleSoft HR control reports and wire template for daily, monthly, quarterly, and annual payments/deposits.
- Provide guidance to Payroll Tax Ops Specialist I on all levels of tax payments processing.
- Prepare Canadian wire/ check requests and returns on a weekly and monthly basis utilizing forms provided by the various taxing authorities and reports generated from ADP Canada Pay@Work and Field Peoplesoft (FieldHCM) databases.
- Review monthly statements from Canadian tax agencies and respond to any research requests.
- Review ADP iReports site daily to retrieve new payroll batch reports and save them to a corporate shared drive. Maintain a tracking log of all batches and wire payments and send a daily group e-mail to internal partners containing the batch information.
- Complete quarterly validations of interfaced data from Peoplesoft (Field HCM) to ADP via ADP extract process.
- Run applicable Peoplesoft and ADP Reports to load into Access Database for comparisons, research and resolution of out of balance situations.
- Communicate known employee taxation issues to the respective payroll team/s and monitor to resolution.
- Prepare miscellaneous State and Local tax returns not supported by ADP Payroll utilizing ADP's Tax Exception reports and PeopleSoft (Field HCM). Returns are prepared either through ADP Tax Services or manually by Robert Half using forms provided by the various taxing authorities for semi- monthly, monthly, quarterly, and annual filings.
- Perform preliminary analysis and research for discrepancies and recommend solutions to senior team members.
- Assist and provide guidance to junior team members in resolution of complex issues.
- Partner with ADP for resolution of items that are ADP's responsibility.
- Ensure that establishment complies with periodic tax payments, state and local information reporting, and other taxing authority requirements.
- Validate account level changes such as payment frequency, account numbers and rates. Provide ADP with account level changes that need to be updated in the ADP system.
- Assists with the testing of Peoplesoft Tax updates (Field HCM).
- Cross train on Payroll Tax Operations team activities and perform in team member’s absence.
- Provide guidance to junior team members in regard to cross training effort.
- Act as a back up to the Payroll Tax Ops and Int'l Payroll Specialist for daily funding requests that come through to the International Payroll inbox.
- AS degree or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years’ payroll/payroll tax experience including the processing of state and local tax returns.
- Intermediate Excel, Word and Access. Windows/IE and Outlook.
- Data entry experience.
- Knowledge of Peoplesoft and ADP (FACS-Employment Tax, EV5, iReports, ADP Canada-Pay@work) or other payroll/ tax software and its operational uses.
- Detail oriented.
- Knowledge of multi-state payroll operating under multiple FEINs.
- Ability to effectively communicate ideas orally and in writing.
- A proven track record of maintaining high-volume production as well as upholding quality output.
- Ability to work in an environment with multiple integrated business systems.
Follow us on Twitter @RH_Corp_Jobs for Robert Half Corporate job openings and career and workplace news!
Robert Half International Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. M/F/Disability/Veteran
As part of Robert Half’s corporate facility employment process, any offer of employment is contingent upon successful completion of a background check.
You may apply for this position online, or by mail. Robert Half is committed to being an equal employment employer offering opportunities to all job seekers including individuals with disabilities. If you believe you need a reasonable accommodation in order to search for a job opening or to apply for a position, please contact us by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
In your email please include the following:
- The specific accommodation requested to complete the employment application
- The location(s) (city, state) to which you would like to apply.
By mail: Please mail your cover letter and resume to:
- Corporate Staffing
2613 Camino Ramon
San Ramon, CA 94583-9128