(NYSE: ARMK) is in the customer service business across food, facilities and uniforms, wherever people work, learn, recover, and play. United by a passion to serve, our more than 270,000 employees deliver experiences that enrich and nourish the lives of millions of people in 22 countries around the world every day. Aramark is recognized among the Most Admired Companies by FORTUNE and the World's Most Ethical Companies by the Ethisphere Institute. Learn more at www.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook and Twitter.
Performs a wide variety of tasks related to employee/payroll records including maintaining their assigned Profit Centers. This position will prepare, process, and maintain Payroll Standards and Compliance in executing tasks to accurately pay assigned employees. Leads the research and resolution of profit center and employee-related issues. Performs diverse tasks to meet Payroll weekly production timeframes. Assist with training as required.
- Must be knowledgeable in the areas of payroll processing, tips, weighted average over time (WAOT), error correction, tax maintenance, time keeping, and non-health and welfare benefits.
- Analyzes, resolves, and corrects pre/post employee taxes (BEDI), W-55, Service Management tickets and update applicable entries and systems.
- Knowledgeable in multi-state employee taxes including locals and reciprocity (state or local).
- Able to calculate gross-to-net manually, including state or locals taxes.
- During batch process days, perform review of errors and warning messages for assigned Profit Centers,
- Performs review of payroll batch edit/audit reports and make necessary adjustments, prepares manual checks or manual direct deposits with required documentation.
- Completes and compiles required documentation for W -55 w eekly Check-off compliance (SOX) reports by batch.
- Serve as back up to Payroll Rep for the functions of processing, corrections, tax maintenance, and benefits for Overhead/ELC.
- Assist in the training existing team in the area of taxes including locals.
- Recommend changes in operating procedures or modifications in office routine to ensure efficient and proper processing.
- Assists with the implementation of new processing techniques for taxes.
- Conducts payroll system / employee research as required.
- Compiles productivity statistics
- Provides query support to field operations as required.
- Performs special projects as assigned.
Status and Scope:
- Ability to develop relationships within the Business Service Center, Headquarters, and with front-line employees as required to provide excellent customer service.
- Ability to work independently to resolve issues proactively with limited supervision.
- Flexibility, multi-tasking, creative thinking, good business judgment, strong organizational & communication skills are all required to meet strict deadlines and manage other projects.
- Must be a strong team player, highly motivated, and able to work under pressure during peak periods.
- Ability to communicate well with internal and external parties, including other locations, customers, banks, vendors, and provide excellent customer service.
•Flexibility to extend hours as required to meet the business demands
Qualifications: High school degree or equivalent required but some college a plus.
1+ years of payroll experience in processing payroll, data entry, taxes (multi-state), garnishments, and year-end processing using an automated payroll system.
Prior experience in a high-volume/fast-paced environment required.
Excellent customer service and verbal communication skills, accuracy, attention to detail and an ability to work independently.
Must be focused on delivering quality customer outcomes.
A little about us:
At Aramark, we believe that each of our employees can play an important role in creating the great experiences that become lasting memories.