A government customer with strong and positive cultural environment and amazing growth opportunities is looking for an experienced PC Support Manager to provide leadership to the Desktop Support team on the Redstone Arsenal.
- Preferred education/experience Six years relevant experience OR 4 years relevant experience and an Associates Degree in a Technical Discipline or related field.
The position for which you are interviewing requires a US government security clearance.
- Required training CompTIA Security+ certification with enrollment in their Continuing Education program.
DUTIES OF POSITION:
A PC Support Manager
must possess excellent communication skills including verbal, written, and telephone etiquette. Above average ability to interpret, analyze, troubleshoot and resolve technical problems. Must be decisive, conscientious and interact well in a team environment or training capacity. Have a strong desire to learn and be able to follow policies and procedures. Must demonstrate the ability to work well with a minimal amount of supervision. Must have a strong working knowledge of and experience with computer hardware, software and peripheral devices in a diverse environment. Must provide a high level of interfacing with co-workers and communicate effectively with the clients, IT personnel and management.Customer Service:
Provide direct customer service and technical support to users as required via phone, e-mail, on-line systems and in person.
- Provide professional and personal assistance to clients in answering inquiries, locating information and analyzing technical requirements at a moments notice, sometimes in very stressful situations
- Serve as a liaison with organization leadership for technology-related issues, guidance and questions
- Provide desk-side information technology support to U.S. Army war-fighter customers/users at a military installation
- Provide professional and prompt responses to users for problem resolution, in person, verbally and in writing.
- Must correspond professionally and promptly with co-workers and supervisors, in person, verbally and in writing
- Must be able to interface with individuals and military/civilian professionals at all levels of the organization
- Must have good organizational skills and be able to work independently
- Grooming and dress must be appropriate for the position and must not impose a safety risk/hazard to the employee or others
A PC Support Manager
main technology emphasis should be to:
- Configure and install PCs, network printing devices, peripherals and software, including physical attachment of equipment to network
- Install and maintain peripheral equipment such as printers, modems, scanners, etc.
- Familiarity and expertise in various operating systems (Windows 7, Vista, etc.)
- Familiarity and expertise in mobile devices (blackberries, Apple IOS, Android, etc.)
- Familiarity and expertise in business applications such as Microsoft Office and Adobe products and/or customer-defined/Army application suites.
- Install, configure and maintain network applications and application distribution systems
- Ensure system security in compliance with customer policy including virus protection
- Implement and maintain network standards and guidelines
- Utilize tools sets such as Symantec Ghost, Active Directory, Remote Desktop, etc.
- Operate audio/visual equipment such as Video Teleconferencing devices, projectors, and presentation hardware.
- Maintain skill set required to do job
- Maintain an awareness of trends within the technology industry, researching and testing to determine how they could be implemented within the organization.
- Perform other hardware and software tasks as assigned
- Awareness of Army compliance requirements, such as AR 25-2, Security Technical Information Guidelines, and DIACAP process.
- Update systems with IAVA updates and anti-virus updates
Activities will be directed, monitored, outlined and supervised by a Project Lead. Works independently on recurring projects and assigned tasks. Serves as liaison with PEO and PMO leadership. Serve as liaison/coordinator for organization moves/relocations, equipment refreshes, and organization projects. Assist team members with solving high-level technical issues, providing guidance and assistance as needed. A PC Support Manager
is responsible for training junior technicians in troubleshooting/repair/maintenance of PC hardware, troubleshooting/installing software on PCs, and use and maintenance of PC operating systems. A PC Support Manager serves as a leader, providing guidance and coaching/training resources to improve customer support techniques. Often they will research, administer and support new technologies in the IT arena per customer requirements.Activities:
A PC Support Manager
will have strong working knowledge of desktop operating systems, office applications, hardware, installation/troubleshooting and knowledge of network operating systems and hardware. A PC Support Manager
plans and implements projects such as migrations, upgrades, and implementation of new technologies. A PC Support Manager
should be able to resolve the most complicated technical issues, rarely needing advice and/or expertise from a higher-level technician.
Not available for vendors or C2C.About TEKsystems:Join TEKsystems®, a leading IT staffing, IT talent management and IT services firm, and get your career on the fast track. We have more than 100 offices worldwide, and we partner with over 6,000 clients and place over 80,000 consultants per year. At TEKsystems, we seek to understand our consultants' skills, goals and interests, allowing us to present targeted job opportunities on a contract, contract-to-hire or direct placement basis. TEKsystems' leadership in the market stems from our sincere and personal commitment to driving the success of our customers, consultants and each other.The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for other accommodation options.
TEKsystems provides corporations with IT staffing, talent management expertise and IT services, enabling them to meet their business objective.