Merck & Co., Inc. Kenilworth, N.J., U.S.A. known as Merck in the United States and Canada, is a global health care leader with a diversified portfolio of prescription medicines, vaccines and animal health products. Today, we are building a new kind of healthcare company - one that is ready to help create a healthier future for all of us.
Our ability to excel depends on the integrity, knowledge, imagination, skill, diversity and teamwork of an individual like you. To this end, we strive to create an environment of mutual respect, encouragement and teamwork. As part of our global team, you'll have the opportunity to collaborate with talented and dedicated colleagues while developing and expanding your career.
The position involves working as an active member of the PC Lifecycle Program (PCLCP) global hub team. PCLCP defines the standards for client computing devices as well as manages Merck's device lifecycle for the ~90,000 PCs deployed globally. This is an industry best practice to minimize total cost of ownership (TCO) and provide a stable, productive user computing environment.
Under the direction of the Manager of PCLCP, the Business and Financial Analyst position will assist with coordinating the day to day operational work related to the delivery and fulfillment of computing equipment globally. This includes budget management, vendor management and effective verbal and written communication skills between global hub environments. In addition to the above the Business and Financial Analyst will liaise with IT engineering's to select, configure, and deploy new hardware that has been selected as standards for Merck. Also the Business and Financial Analyst will take ownership of all tier 3 hardware related issues and liaise between hardware manufacture and IT engineering to solve these complex system problems. Qualifications:
- A Bachelor's degree in Business Management, Finance or Accounting is preferred.
- Master of Business Administration highly desirable.
- Liaise with key staff, in global hubs and Onshore team members, to carry out the above and make sure individual responsibilities are carried out
- Improve communication, team work, spend management and intercultural understanding between PCLCP members and local country personnel
- Manage PC fulfillment process globally (with PC vendor), to ensure on-time delivery of all PC's ordered in support of annual refresh/break fix efforts
- Coordinate with Next Generation Computing project team to ensure PC fulfillment needs for Windows 10 migrations are successfully met
- Assist with management of ~$20M annual PC refresh budget
- Ensure vendors are meeting the agreed upon service level agreements
- Identify and develop operational improvements to ensure a high level service
- Build strong client relationships by communicating effectively, using where appropriate, non-technical business language.
- Insure compliance and adherence to all Merck technical and process standards (i.e. SLC, ITIL, CMM).
- Maintain and communicate iPad standards and assist business with iPad purchasing.
- Product evaluation and coordination with IT engineering group to introduce new standard hardware and support technical issues related to PC hardware.
- Knowledge of SAP
- Expert knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- Prior Knowledge of RFI process
- Experience working in a global environment
- 7 to 10 years relevant IT or business experience
- Proven track record of delivering results with a high degree of customer focus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Knowledge of IS processes including Systems Lifecycle
- Ability to work effectively with customers, vendors and technical staff at all levels.
- Experience coordinating projects and resources based outside of the U.S.
Our employees are the key to our company's success. We demonstrate our commitment to our employees by offering a competitive and valuable rewards program. Our Company's benefits are designed to support the wide range of goals, needs and lifestyles of our employees, and many of the people that matter the most in their lives. If you need an accommodation for the application process please email us at email@example.com. Search Firm Representatives Please Read Carefully:
Merck & Co., Inc. is not accepting unsolicited assistance from search firms for this employment opportunity. Please, no phone calls or emails. All resumes submitted by search firms to any employee at Merck via email, the Internet or in any form and/or method without a valid written search agreement in place for this position will be deemed the sole property of Merck. No fee will be paid in the event the candidate is hired by Merck as a result of the referral or through other means.
Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
For more information about personal rights under Equal Employment Opportunity, visit:
EEOC GINA Supplement