Parham Doctors' Hospital, a campus of Henrico Doctors' Hospital, is located in the west end of Richmond. Parham Doctors' Hospital is a 200-bed facility offering medical and surgical programs including orthopedics, behavioral health, bariatrics, imaging, rehabilitation services, 24-hour emergency care, sleep disorder, podiatry, primary care, and occupational health. The Parham Doctors' Hospital campus is home to The Orthopedic Hospital, one of the most honored joint and spine programs in the state.
SPECIFIC ELEMENTS AND ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
Working under the supervision of a RN, the Patient Care Tech performs various patient care activities necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of patients.
The position's tasks and responsibilities include:
• Bathes, dresses/undresses patients assist with personal hygiene.
• Serves and collects food trays. Assists with patient feeding.
• Transports, positions and drapes patients for exams and treatments.
• Assists patients in ambulating.
• Takes and records vital signs, weights and I & O.
• Performs non sterile dressing changes.
• Passes and collects bed pans.
• Changes bed linens.
• Provides encouragement, support and comfort to patients and family members.
• Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
• Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
• Orients and mentors new staff members.
• Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
• Functions in an organized and time conscious manner.
• Presents self in a professional manner.
• Communicates effectively and professionally with internal and external customers. Documents required information according to hospital policy.
• Medical Assistant, Certified Nurse Assistant or currently enrolled in nursing program with completion of a nursing fundamentals course or certified as an EMT.
• High School Graduate or equivalent required.
• Current certification as a BLS Healthcare Provider
• Working knowledge of medical terminology.
• Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
• Ability to quickly make decisions and to report patient condition with minimal supervision.
• Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom