Putnam Community Medical Center
is hiring a Patient Care Tech (or Certified Nursing Assistant)
to join a dynamic team and top notch facility!
A 99-bed, acute care facility, located at 611 Zeagler Drive, in Palatka, provides the latest technology with the assurance of highly trained, caring professionals to the residents of Putnam County. The hospital serves North Central Florida with a full complement of quality healthcare services while maintaining cost-effectiveness.
The hospital provides individualized care directed to the specific needs of each patient. Putnam Community Medical Center offers an Intensive/Critical Care Unit, Step-Down Care Unit, Cardiac Cath Lab, medical and surgical units, family birthplace center, and a 24-hour emergency department. We also provide inpatient and outpatient rehabilitation services. BASIC FUNCTION:
- Support PCMC's hallmarks of service excellence and quality for all job responsibilities.
- The Assistant is responsible to assist the professional staff by performing various patient care activities and related nonprofessional services necessary in caring for the personal needs and comfort of the patients. Responsible for the delivery of patient care (baths, personal grooming, feeding) as directed by the Manager, RN, or LPN.
Qualifications: MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS REQUIRED Education
- Consistently deliver the best in customer service and patient care. As a team member, demonstrate respect, dignity, kindness and empathy in each encounter with patients, families, visitors and other employees
- Champion PCMC's mission, vision and values; comply with the policies and procedures, ethical standards and code of conduct set forth by the company
- Perform patient care as defined by scope of practice - duties may include but not limited to taking vital signs, assisting patients with bathing, eating, dressing, transfers and ambulation, repositioning patients in bed to prevent skin breakdown, change linens, record oral intake and measure urinary output, collect specimens for tests, supply and empty bed pans, interact with patients and family, and transport patients and equipment.
: A high school diploma or equivalent. Depending on the role either successful completion of a Nursing Assistant Certification course or other education which meets state certification requirements or graduate of an EMT or Paramedic Program Experience
: Depending on the role, one (1) year experience as a Certified Nursing Assistant, or one (1) year of EMT or Paramedic experience in lieu of graduation from and EMT or Paramedic Program. Licensure, Certification, and/or Registration:
BLS, For the CNA, must hold current Nursing Assistant Certification in Florida or be eligible to obtain certification within four months of employment. Other Minimum Qualifications:
Effective reading, writing, grammar, and mathematics skills; proficient interpersonal relations and communicative skills.
An EEO/AA Employer M/F/V/D. Tobacco Free Campus
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom