Company: Sysco Northeast Redistribution Center
Location: US-VA-Front Royal
Zip Code: 22630
Minimum Level of Education: High School or Equivalent
Minimum Years of Experience: 1
Travel Percentage: 0
Accurately select products from inventory, applies labels, and assembles, packs, and transports to staging areas for shipment in a warehouse environment under general supervision. Required to select from any warehouse area and to maintain the appropriate productivity standards. Required to work in a freezer/cooler/dry warehouse environment with extreme cold and/or warm temperatures. Performs all duties safely, accurately, and meets set productivity goals.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Follow WMS (Warehouse Management System) and/or SWMS (Sysco Warehouse Management System) directed selection pick path, select product, correctly label, and stage product on pallet.
- Stack product on pallet with heavier items on the bottom layer and lighter items on top to prevent damage to product in order to maintain a secure pallet.
- Follow preferred work methods to ensure tasks are completed safely, accurately, and timely.
- Deliver stacked pallet to assigned area on loading dock in an effort to ensure that products are accurately staged and can be systematically loaded.
- Secure pallets according to preferred work methods with shrink wrap for delivery.
- Record any necessary/required item information into WMS and/or SWMS.
- Report any shortages to supervisor.
- Work effectively with immediate supervisor to minimize warehouse shrink (product loss and damage).
- Responsible for the neatness and cleanliness of assigned work area and travel aisles, and the accuracy of warehouse locations.
- Report any safety issues immediately to supervisor.
- Observe and enforce all safety rules to eliminate accidents and injuries.
- Operate appropriate MHE (material handling equipment), such as forklifts and pallet jacks, in a safe and orderly manner to eliminate accidents and injuries.
- Ensure that MHE is maintained (perform daily inspection) and clean; report repair or service needs to supervisor to minimize equipment damage and down time.
- Use warehouse computers and RF equipment in a safe and professional manner.
- Understand and comply with all applicable company policies (i.e. attendance, Code of Business Conduct & Ethics, Associate Handbook, etc.
- Comply with all applicable State/Federal laws, regulations, and policies (i.e. OSHA, HACCP, etc.).
- Supports food safety policies, standard operating procedures, and prerequisite food safety control programs that meet legal and quality requirements and industry best practices as defined in our Food Safety Commitment documentation.
- Accept additional responsibilities as requested. Cross-trains in other warehouse job functions and perform other duties as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Must pass a functional capacity test.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCEHigh school diploma or General Education Degree (GED) preferred; or one year warehouse related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience
Applicants must be currently authorized to work in the United States.
Sysco is proud to be an Equal Opportunity and Affirmative Action employer, and considers qualified applicants without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability, veteran status or any other protected factor under federal, state or local law.
This opportunity is available through Sysco Corporation, its subsidiaries and affiliates.
A little about us: