SUNRISE HOSPITAL MEDICAL CENTER
Serving the community for nearly 60 years, Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center provides the most comprehensive, quality healthcare in Southern Nevada. As Las Vegas' largest acute care facility, Sunrise provides sophisticated inpatient and outpatient services to the community. Sunrise Hospital and Medical Center has been selected the Consumer Choice Award recipient for 15 consecutive years and had earned the American Stroke Association's Get With The Guidelines (GWTG) Gold Plus Performance Achievement Award. We are also ranked Nursing Professionals Top 100 Hospitals to work for!
The PICU at Sunrise Children's Hospital provides you exposure to the largest PICU in the state of Nevada with the highest acuity level of patients, ranging in age from neonatal to 18. We also are home to the only congenital cardiac program in the state of Nevada. As a 24 bed unit, we deliver care for open chests, ECMO, CRRT, oscillators, ventilators, DKA, neuro, trauma and more. Our typical patient to nurse ratio is 2:1. If you are ready to join a high functioning, comprehensive team with critical thinking and autonomy, while continuing our goals of providing excellent patient care and outcomes, then Sunrise Children's Hospital PICU is the place for you. Pediatric ICU Nurse - Full Time Nights
Two-years of Acute Care Hospital EVS experience
The Pediatric ICU RN manages the nursing care of critically ill pediatric patients in accordance with established policies, procedures and protocols of the healthcare organization. The tasks and responsibilities include:
Qualifications: Required Job Qualifications include:
- Cares for infants and children with critical, chronic and multi-system illnesses and injuries.
- Provides professional nursing service based on the basic concepts of growth and development of infants and children.
- Assesses plans and evaluates patient care needs.
- Carries out physician orders.
- Administers prescribed medications, changes dressings, cleans wounds, monitors vital signs.
- Calculates dosages for and understands the nursing implications of medications used for infants and children.
- Recognizes the uniqueness of pain and pain management in the pediatric population and provides care accordingly.
- Provides family-centered care based on cognitive, psychosocial and developmental considerations for the age of the patient collaborating with families and members of the multidisciplinary team to achieve desired outcomes.
- Provides respiratory and ventilator management and monitoring for patients.
- Serves as the primary coordinator of all disciplines for well coordinated patient care.
- Monitors, records and communicates patient condition as appropriate utilizing computerized documentation systems.
- Instructs and educates patients and families.
- Assesses and coordinates patient's discharge planning needs with members of the healthcare team.
- Cares for patients at risk for abduction following established prevention procedures.
- Provides age and culturally appropriate care.
- Orients and mentors new staff members.
- Follows Standard Precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
- Current NV licensure as an RN.
- No New Grad Program currently.
- Minimum one (1) year current experience in PICU required.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Customer service abilities including effective listening skills.
- Critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision in a fast paced environment.
- Ability to perform work that requires frequent standing, bending, reaching, squatting, kneeling, moving, lifting of patients and/or equipment up to 50 pounds.
- Basic computer and hospital informatics skills required
- Complies with hospital employee health, infection control and safety management programs
- Pediatric Intensive Care (PICU) - Current BLS, PALS and ACLS certification
- TNCC within one year of hire
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom