A Pediatric Cardiovascular Sonographer is responsible for the performance of echocardiograms, exercise and
pharmacological stress echocardiograms, and transesophageal echocardiograms. They should Demonstrates knowledge of
human growth and development, assessment, range of treatment, and care of patients appropriate to the ages of patients
served. They perform clerical duties associated with cardiovascular procedures. The sonographer assumes responsibility
for standards of practice and quality of care and promotes customer service initiatives.
1. Performs echocardiograms, exercise and pharmacological stress echocardiograms, and transesophageal
2. Demonstrates competency in Bubble Studies and use of contrast agents.
3. Maintains functionality and cleaning of all equipment used in testing.
4. Performs cleaning and documentation of probes utilizing the TD100 automated system.
5. Demonstrates proficiency in the use of the digital acquisition and archival system.
6. Provides education regarding procedures to the patient.
7. Performs studies at the bedside and transports patients as needed.
8. Participates in the call schedule.
9. Supports the facility's Standards of Performance and ICARE values
1. High School diploma/GED
2. Current registry in Adult Echo (RDMS or CCI) or Registry-Eligible (completion within 12 months of hire)
3. BLS certification
A little about us:
HCA is the nation’s leading private provider of healthcare services. Comprised of locally managed facilities which include 230,000 employees at over 160 hospitals, over 120 surgery centers and 100 urgent care facilities in 20 states and the United Kingdom