Airgas, Inc., an Air Liquide company, is the nation's leading single-source supplier of gases, welding and safety products. Known locally nationwide, our distribution network serves more than one million customers of all sizes with a broad offering of top-quality products and unmatched expertise.
Our Dry Ice Division is the largest wholesale dry ice distributor to grocery stores in the United States, selling millions upon millions of pounds annually. Working under the name, Penguin Brand™, our retail dry ice sales program serves nearly 5,000 grocery stores on a direct store delivery basis coast to coast.
We are currently searching for an energetic Account Manager to represent the Penguin Brand throughout the central U.S. Overall the role is responsible for creating a business plan to drive sales growth, manage pricing/gross margin, contract administration and ensuring overall customer satisfaction. The successful candidate must have the ability to develop mutually beneficial relationships with our existing customers, as well as new customers. He or she must be outgoing and able to quickly establish rapport. Supporting nearly 1,500 stores in the Central United States, the territory reaches from Minneapolis to Houston. The impact of the role is broken down into three core functions:
- New Business Development - A critical aspect of this role is to be a Hunter on the lookout for new customers. This includes creating a written business plan to target markets and retailers where we currently do not have representation. Your challenge is to build relationships with local retailers, showing them the value our product will bring to their customer base.
- Portfolio Management - This involves maintaining and enhancing relationships with our current customer base. For some national customers, it could include adding our program to those stores which have not yet adopted it. For others it may be working through customer service or pricing issues. You will be working closely with the Buyers and Store Managers for these retailers, as well as negotiating pricing and product placement.
- Operations Management - Another critical area of responsibility is your relationship with the in-house operations team. Here you will be building a relationship our in-house manufacturing plants and delivery drivers. The goal is to ensure what you have promised a customer is executed flawlessly. That partnership includes knowing what the operations team can and cannot do to ensure that you do not overcommit.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Drive mutually beneficial sales growth to new and existing customers
- Prepare quotes, supply agreements and internal documentation for orders obtained
- Prepare reports of business transactions and expense accounts
- Supervise one Sales Specialist, who works to set-up new stores and handle front line customer service and equipment issues
- Develop and maintain strong internal business relationships with Operations
- Maintain sales activity reports through Excel and ACT Database Software
- Remain flexible to take on other key assignments as requested
- Overnight travel required to manage sales territory via car and some air travel
This role is a home based, virtual position and may be based in any city within the territory that has a major airport. These cities could include: Chicago, Minneapolis, St. Louis, Indianapolis, Cincinnati, Cleveland, Philadelphia or Pittsburg. The role will include air travel, as well as car travel.
- Minimum three years of experience in B2B/Wholesale Sales or Account Management, ideally within the food, beverage, industrial products or chemicals industries
- Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) or equivalent preferred
- Overnight travel is expected approximately 50% of the time. Additionally, the successful candidate must be able to rent a vehicle
- Since this role is remote, the successful candidate must be a self-starter who can work autonomously
- Ability to quickly and effectively build rapport and relationships with customers
- Strong computer skills, including proficiency with MS Office including experience with MS Excel
- Good oral and writing communication skills as well as strong interpersonal skills. Fluency in the English language is required.
- Excellent organization, documentation and follow-up skills
Airgas offers a full benefits package that includes:
Medical, Dental, Vision, Life, AD&D, Short Term and Long Term Disability Insurance, Vacation, Sick days, Paid Holidays, 401(k) with company match, Tuition Reimbursement and much more...! This role also offers a quarterly bonus program, driven by your performance!
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disabilityQualifications:
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.