To develop and manage the Penguin Brand Dry Ice Program in a defined geographic region including sales and marketing with a focus on overall program growth. Supervising a Customer Service Representative (CSR) assigned to that specific region.
Collaborate with branch and regional managers regarding delivery service, maintenance, and pricing to maximize profits from retail program accounts.
: Includes the following but not limited to:
- New customer growth - strategic focus on both organic and new chains/stores following Airgas policies.
- Manage existing customers through direction on growth and program profitability.
- Provide training and support to the distribution branches for the administration and servicing of the Penguin Brand program, including monitoring compliance with the programs SOP's.
- Assist, support, and monitor the distribution branches in implementing new product and/or seasonal promotions, customer awareness, pricing, and product or packaging / display changes.
- Drive teamwork through collaboration with other Penguin Brand Sales Managers to maximize efficiencies related to sales, distribution, service, and program profitability.
- Acts as a liaison between distribution branches and Customer Category Managers for merchandising of accounts.
- Compile, review, analyze and report financial data to management regarding regional accounts responsibility.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge", skills and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education and/or Experience:
- Ability to work and communicate effectively with a wide variety of people with different personalities and backgrounds both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to be a self-starter, self-motivated, self-directed with a sense of urgency, well organized with the ability to achieve goals with a focus and attention to detail
- Ability to collaborate across all management teams and facets of organization and against competing priorities
- Ability to plan, coordinate and direct multi tasked implementation plan.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret financial reports, legal documents and regulatory requirements.
- Provides and implements workable solutions to business issues / problems.
- Conducts work planning, estimation and prioritization to optimize performance of group / resources.
- Ability to manage effective internal / external client relationships within own area of responsibility, and builds client relationships in the wider group or unit.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Advanced Knowledge and proficiency in Microsoft Excel, Access, Word and office equipment
- Professional Sales Experience required. Retail grocery business experience preferred
- Supervisory experience
- Ability to add, subtract, multiply, and divide in all units of measure, using whole numbers, common fractions, and decimals.
- Ability to compute rate, ratio, commissions, proportions, and percent's.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Limited business travel, on an as needed basis.
- Able to talk, hear, walk, sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel or crouch.
- Specific vision abilities to include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to focus objects.
- The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 15 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, protected veteran status, or disability
A little about us:
Airgas is a company of hardworking men and women dedicated to helping our customers succeed.