The PeopleSoft Developer will work closely with the HR and Payroll Teams to provide technical solutions. As a PeopleSoft expert, recommend opportunities for process automation and develop solutions that lead to efficiencies and increased data integrity. As a member of the PeopleSoft team, work with application owners, business analysts, and other team members to understand business requirements and drive the analysis and design of quality technical solutions that are aligned with business and IT strategies. Involved in all phases of the full systems life cycle. Responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing, maintaining and supporting PeopleSoft HCM (9.1) with Payroll for North America. Excellent communication skills are essential.
- Production Support (including on-call rotation), Enhancement requests, and project development
- Coding: Develop and maintain PeopleSoft code utilizing the appropriate technology to match the requirements. (PeopleCode, PeopleTools, Java, SQL, HTML, XML, etc) Provide thorough internal program documentation. Use available utilities to simplify tasks. Apply object oriented programming principles to design and develop in an effort to re-use existing code. Conduct and participate in code walkthroughs.
- Testing: Develop and coordinate system and system integration test plans. Create and stage test data. Perform and coordinate multiple Test levels within and across various systems and platforms for large size projects. Assist quality assurance testing teams.
- Communication: Provide input to peers, management and application owners for recommendations and alternate solutions and/or improvements. Convey and insure the understanding of technical strategies and vision to project participants. Convey problems, solutions, and updates on projects and their status to peers, customers and management.
- Documentation: Prepare design and technical documentation for the software projects assigned. Follow standards for internal documentation of new or modified objects to facilitate future upgrades. May assist in writing on-line help manuals, user manuals, operations documentation and FAQs for specific software projects.
- Mentoring: Take responsibility for personal and team technical and professional growth.
- Planning/Process Management: Prepare time estimates for all phases of technical projects. Function as a technical leader on appropriate projects throughout the full project lifecycle. Develop and maintain plans for large size projects. Evaluate estimates against actual results. Recommend improvements in technical processes. Actively participate in post-implementation reviews.
A little about us:
Join a company changing the fast-moving world of communications, where people like, link, pin, post and share. At RR Donnelley, we do it all.