PwC is a network of firms committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.
We help resolve complex issues for our clients and identify opportunities. Learn more about us at www.pwc.com/us.
At PwC, we develop leaders at all levels. The distinctive leadership framework we call the PwC Professional (http://pwc.to/pwcpro) provides our people with a road map to grow their skills and build their careers. Our approach to ongoing development shapes employees into leaders, no matter the role or job title.
Are you ready to build a career in a rapidly changing world? Developing as a PwC Professional means that you will be ready
- to create and capture opportunities to advance your career and fulfill your potential. To learn more, visit us at www.pwc.com/careers.
What will you do if you work in Assurance at PwC?
You'll ask questions and test assumptions. You'll help determine if companies are reporting information that investors and others can rely on. You'll help businesses solve complex issues faced by management and boards. You'll serve the public interest and the capital markets by conducting quality audits. Visit http://pwc.to/pwcassurance for more information on PwC's Assurance practice.
The world is quickly changing, that's why PwC is quickly adapting. We're capitalizing on trends that will impact corporate reporting.
Our focus is on globalization, technology, sustainability and environmental reporting, population shifts and regulation. We combine skills and experience to help our clients address their challenges.Job Description
Our Core Assurance practice provides independent reporting to stakeholders. We perform:
- Financial statement and internal control audits
- Business and performance reporting
- Social, environmental, and other compliance reviews
As part of our Assurance team, you will gain specialized knowledge. We collaborate with clients. We go inside companies, get to know their businesses, and then assure that the financial information they report to the public is clear and reliable.
We stand firm on quality and integrity, and we have a direct impact on how well the world's capital market system functions.
And we're transforming!
Check this out: http://pwc.to/auditvideo
Our Assurance professionals are constantly challenged with a high learning curve. You will learn through training programs and on-the-job interaction with co-workers and clients. You'll have mentors and formal coaches.
PwC is all about our people. We want high performance and high quality, and we want you to be challenged and fulfilled here. Join us and weâ€™ll help you explore the career opportunities in PwC Assurance.
Don't take our word for it. See for yourself: http://pwc.to/pwcpeople
The Industrial Products practice provides guidance to chemical, engineering and constructor, forest, paper and packaging, manufacturing, metals and transportation and logistics companies.Position/Program Requirements
Minimum Year(s) of Experience: 3
Minimum Degree Required: Bachelor's degree in accounting or other business field of study, including an acceptable NASBA foreign education equivalent.
Certification(s) Required: Passed CPA exam. International hires are required to have passed the equivalent accounting certification exam in the selected individual 's home country. Hires from a PwC affiliate firm must meet the credential requirements for a PwC US senior associate in that PwC affiliate firm.
Certification(s) Preferred: CPA license. International hires or hires from a PwC affiliate firm must have obtained the equivalent accounting credential in selected individual's home country.
Demonstrates proven considerable knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles in the United States (U.S. GAAP), United States Generally Accepted Auditing Standards (U.S. GAAS) and the Public Company Accounting Oversight Board (PCAOB) standards, emphasizing an overall extensive understanding
- for the respective industry
- of the applicable business and accounting issues, and technical accounting and financial reporting standards.
Demonstrates proven thorough abilities and/or success as a team leader and team member in a professional services consulting firms, including, but not limited to, the following areas:
- Staying current and applying applicable technical accounting and financial reporting standards, supporting resolution of technical issues through effective analysis of accounting standards/issues;
- Understanding and applying effectively auditing standards, firm audit methodology and guidance in work, proactively seeking to apply new guidance and tools in performing audit work;
- Setting leading examples with professional skepticism, independence, and objectivity, e.g. considering where client incentives or pressures exist and supporting the team in navigating auditor judgments;
- Identifying and elevating issues early, proposing solutions and communicating them effectively to team members and the client; and,
- Enhancing the quality of work by actively supervising and coaching others
taking responsibility for the quality of work and performing a critical self-review, seeking proactively the advice of supervisors, and responding to feedback in a timely manner.
- Utilizing extensive know-how of business financials, reporting processes, and management of engagement economics;
- Leveraging tools and techniques for research, analysis, and problem solving
- including Interpreting data/research, drawing conclusions, and sharing derived perspectives on major economic trends, current industry or sector trends, issues and opportunities with clients.
- Leveraging know-how of globalization and how it impacts local and global business considerations;
- Working effectively as part of a diverse delivery team; and,
- Applying a global lens to business issues, identifying potential opportunities for global convergences and divergence in analytics.
- Adjusting to shifting priorities and challenges and ability to juggle new and multiple tasks;
- Delegating effectively tasks and providing direction and support to more junior team members;
- Developing others by creating and supporting appropriate work assignments; and,
- Providing coaching and feedback candidly and constructively and receive feedback openly.
- Communicating confidently and effectively using a variety of communication styles across different contexts;
- Preparing for team and client interactions by anticipating others' needs and tailoring content appropriately;
- Playing a role in discussions, proactively ask questions and share an informed point of view;
- Recognizing the value of multiple and diverse perspectives and be comfortable challenging an established point of view.
So what does a typical day look like? http://pwc.to/joe
PwC is a network of firms in 157 countries with more than 184,000 people committed to delivering quality in assurance, tax and advisory services.