We are PepsiCo
PepsiCo is one of the world's leading food and beverage companies with over $63 billion in net revenue in 2015 and a global portfolio of diverse and beloved brands. We have a complementary food and beverage portfolio that includes 22 brands that in 2015 each generated more than $1 billion in estimated annual retail sales. PepsiCo's products are sold in more than 200 countries and territories around the world. PepsiCo's strength is its people. We are over 250,000 game changers, mountain movers and history makers, scattered around the world, and united by a shared set of values and goals. We believe that acting ethically and responsibly is not only the right thing to do, but also the right thing to do for our business. At PepsiCo, we aim to deliver top-tier financial performance over the long term by integrating sustainability into our business strategy, leaving a positive imprint on society and the environment. We call this Performance with Purpose
. For more information on PepsiCo and the possibilities it holds, visit www.pepsico.com . Functional Description:
We hire a select group of students into our Beverages division each year. The Beverages team provides advertising, marketing, sales, and promotional support to Pepsi bottlers and Food Service customers. PepsiCo is the only company with three major trademarks in carbonated soft drinks - Pepsi, Mountain Dew, and Mist Twist. And when it comes to non-carbonated soft drinks, we have world-class equities across every category - Aquafina in water; Tropicana and Dole in juices; Lipton in ready-to-drink teas; SoBe in healthy refreshment; AMP and No Fear in energy drinks; and Starbucks Frappuccino in ready-to-drink coffee.
The National Sales & Strategy team leads strategic planning and directs the national account retail selling. The organization brings strategic focus and enhanced communication to PepsiCo's key constituents - bottlers and customers. The program seeks to leverage the beverage portfolio, develop the principal beverage categories, and identify the key priorities for the increasing sales. What you can expect:
The intern program provides a rich developmental experience in National Sales & Strategy. National Sales collaborates with customers to grow the beverage category and products. They also deliver the Annual Operating Plan that encapsulates the priorities and strategies. Customer Strategy focuses on providing strategic growth initiatives for our major retail customers. This group also designs pricing architecture guidelines at the product and channel levels. Business Development serves as a conduit between sales and marketing to ensure that innovation receives the appropriate financial and program support.
The summer program connects interns through a variety of formal activities including a comprehensive onboarding program, lunches with senior executives, and the annual intern summer event. Each intern will be challenged to lead a specific 'real-life' project, culminating in a presentation to senior management. These projects are based on immediate business needs and intern recommendations may be incorporated into the Annual Operating Plan. Interns will work closely with associates across the organization. Projects will require engagement of marketing, channel leads, and customer teams. Previous intern projects include:
Qualifications/Requirements What we're looking for:
- Quantifying opportunities in non-traditional retail outlets and recommending appropriate products
- Issuing packaging recommendations to meet needs of small business customers in the club channel
- Designing a forecast portal that national account managers can utilize to build volume and revenue projections
- Constructing a revenue model for national account managers that optimizes product and package mix
- Prioritizing SKUs for the drug channel and developing merchandising standards for primary national accounts
- Assessing pricing, recommending strategy for drug channel, and considering impact on other channels
Minimum Qualifications - Each candidate is expected to:
- Currently pursuing a degree in: Business Administration, Marketing, Management, Communications, Organizational Leadership, Entrepreneurship (other related majors will be considered)
- Ability to commit 10 weeks to full summer internship program
- Exemplary communication, analytical, and strategic skills
- Proven leadership and relationship building capabilities
- Customer, retail, or B2B sales experience
Equal Opportunity Employer: Minority/Female/Disability Protected Veteran:
- Graduate with Bachelor's degree within one (1) year of internship completion.
- Be eligible to work in United States without work authorization sponsorship now or anytime in the future
- Pass a drug screen and background investigation
PepsiCo is an equal opportunity employer and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
If you'd like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant under the law, please download the available EEO is the Law ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster ) & EEO is the Law Supplement ( http://pep.jobs/eeo-poster-supplement ) documents by copying and pasting the appropriate URL in the address bar of your web browser. Relocation Eligible
Not Eligible for Relocation