Under general direction of the Director of Nursing Services, provides skilled nursing care to assigned patients. Assesses, plans, implements and evaluates total patient care and coordinates patient and family teachings. Ensures all aspects of performance are in compliance with internal policies and procedures and with all federal, state and mandated rules and JCAHO regulations; ensures high-quality customer service and provides a safe environment when rendering care. Assists in the marketing of company products and services. Please note, this position can be categorized as Exempt or Non-Exempt. Registered Nurses who meet the learned professional exemption and are paid on a salary or fee basis are designated Exempt. Registered Nurses who are paid hourly are designated Non-Exempt. PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Qualifications: EXPERIENCE AND EDUCATIONAL REQUIREMENTS:
- Ensures that professional and skilled nursing care has been provided to assigned patients as outlined in the physician's Plan of Care.
- Performs a complete assessment of assigned patient's ongoing physical and emotional status, level of competency, home environment, safety factors and family support available to assist with care and needs of patient.
- Reports to supervisor on services rendered, problems concerning patient's needs and resolution to those needs; reports to the physician any changes of the patient's condition and reaction to treatment.
- May participate in the patient care planning conference and revision of Plan of Care as changes occur.
- Provides information on patient rights, reimbursement procedures, and patient/family rights.
- Initiates and applies appropriate preventative, therapeutic and rehabilitative nursing procedures and techniques as ordered by the physician.
- Administers medications and intravenous solutions.
- Completes all documentation in a timely manner; maintains patient clinical records and reports in accordance with company policies and as required.
- Trains patients and/or caregivers in all procedures and equipment; counsels patient and family members regarding patient care needs.
- Participates in on-call rotation as necessary; participates in in-services as required.
- Inventories patient supplies and informs pharmacy of patient needs.
- Coordinates patient's care with other home care agencies as necessary.
- Provides goal directed care leading to specific outcomes.
- May instruct and supervise other nursing personnel as required.
- May be on call for after hours work; travels by automobile and requires valid driver's license and motor vehicle insurance.
- Performs related duties as assigned.
Requires broad training in fields such as business administration, accountancy, sales, marketing, computer sciences or similar vocations generally obtained through completion of a four year Bachelor's Degree Program. Graduate of an accredited school of nursing; BSN preferred; current BCLS certification required. Normally requires a minimum of four (4) years recent hospital or home care experience. Unrestricted, current state license as a Registered Nurse in resident state is required. MINIMUM SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITY REQUIREMENTS:
- Demonstrated knowledge of nursing processes and principles
- Demonstrated proficiency in IV insertion, vascular access devices and infusion pumps
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail
- Good analytical skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Working knowledge of computers in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs