The Pharmacist will maintain positive relationships with MWI's customers while providing pharmacy prescriptions and ensuring that all services provided are compliant with state and federal laws.
• Obtain valid prescription information from licensed veterinarian or designated agent prior to dispensing.
• Initiate and receive calls and faxes for medication orders.
• Demonstrate knowledge of and take action in clarification of medication orders.
• Dispense medications according to prescription from the licensed veterinarian.
• Prepare medication for use by end-user according to current standards of practice in the profession of veterinary pharmacy.
• Ensure that medications are labeled appropriately and that products are delivered to end-users in a timely, safe and efficient manner.
• Answer questions, as appropriate, from other healthcare providers and end-users regarding medication and approved usage.
• Maintain records of all drugs dispensed and of any and all prescriptions filled.
• Prepare all reports as required (i.e. daily dispensing log, monthly usage reports).
• Ensure that drug products, in the pharmacy, are stored in appropriate conditions.
• Maintain a high standard of customer service.
• Provide back-up service for other pharmacies as needed.
A license to practice pharmacy in the state in which you reside and licenses to practice pharmacy in any states that require the Pharmacist to maintain a license for their state, in order for the pharmacy to be licensed, is required. Diploma from an accredited school of pharmacy is needed. Must have excellent communication and interpersonal skills and be able to demonstrate sound administrative and well-developed management skills.
A little about us:
Where knowledge, reach and partnership shape healthcare delivery.