Perfect Store Analyst
Location: Englewood Cliffs, New Jersey
Posted: March 01, 2017
Reference ID: 17000388
Background & Purpose of the Job
The Perfect Store Team acts as the Retail Strategy and Execution arm of the organization. The Perfect Store Analyst / Associate Manager provides insights-driven recommendations for retail improvements to the Chanel and Customer Development Teams, Customer teams, Brand Marketing teams, and retailers as well as Regional Operations Manager and the associated RDM’s responsible for field territories.
The analytics and subsequent recommendations will be used to drive strategic priorities and execution at retail. Focusing on Unilever’s 6 P’s the Perfect Store Analyst / Associate Manager will drive compliance metrics resulting in forecasted sales increases.
The Perfect Store Team covers Unilever’s entire portfolio of business in the United States and major retailers. The role will be focused on Personal Care business and will report to the PS Team Leader but will interact cross-functionally on a regular basis. The position is national in scope and requires interaction and influencing skills over senior management both internally and customer facing.
Interaction with Unilever stakeholders will be at the Senior Manager, Director and VP level and will require a degree of business maturity and time management skills well beyond an analyst with single account responsibilities.
The role will require significant vendor management skills with Advantage Sales and Marketing and other third parties. Vendor management is crucial to success in this role as driving store level compliance and strategic improvements will be executed by ASM reps in store.
Who You Are & What You’ll Do
1. Lead/implement strategic analytics in category of responsibility and coordinate actions & findings with Category Management, Chanel and Customer Development and ASM teams.
2. Lead communication of Perfect Store updates with internal teams and drive insights to action to further Perfect Store metrics and compliance goals.
3. Identify opportunities for retail improvement across 6P’s and work with Unilever internal teams and the Advantage Sales & Marketing team on implementation.
4. Conduct deep dive analysis on category and 6P metrics to deliver recommendations back to CD and customer teams.
5. Build relationships with cross-functional teams (both internal and external) to drive efficiencies through the business.
6. Lead Perfect Store best practice usage and analysis efforts among CD analysts (CD and CCD). Report gaps in training and systemic in-store execution issues to PS Team Lead.
You’re a change maker: The Perfect Store Associate Manager role allows for an element of creativity with respect to how you deliver best-in-class analytics and drive the Perfect Store Metrics. The Perfect Store Analyst / Associate Manager can influence the business leaders, customer teams and retailers by turning data from insights into action via effective presentation skills and storytelling.
You love to win, and have fun doing it: This team is known for setting the bar high. We set stretch targets and find ways to “do different” and achieve them. The stakes are high, however the team culture is energizing and fun! The role will include some travel to national meetings and regional customer offices to work with local CD teams. You may be required to attend customer facing meetings.
What You’ll Need To Succeed
1. Bachelor’s degree required; MBA is a plus
2. Minimum three years related analytics, category management or retail experience required
3. Proficiency in MS Office, AC Nielsen, Nitro, RSi, Tableau is required, Perfect Store Dash experience Is preferred.
4. Bias for action: don’t wait to be told what to do – seek out solutions/best practices based on analytics and business needs.
5. Analytical skillset: handle all category analysis and drive change based on reporting for the team, ability to analyze Nielsen data and turn insights into action.
6. Growth Mindset: must have hunger to find new ways to grow the business. The Perfect Store metrics and framework is the foundation of this role but utilize cross functional partners to creatively drive business for the company!
7. Teamwork/collaboration: This role requires you to be able to work across multiple teams – internally and externally with our 3rd party broker. It is imperative for success in role that the PS Associate Manager can engage and influence multiple stakeholders cross functionally to imbed Perfect Store fundamentals into respective organizational agendas.
8. Detail oriented/organizational skillset: many moving pieces and stakeholders in Perfect Store and partners across organization and within third parties, effective time management and attention to detail is critical. Much of the Perfect Store Team’s work is highly visible among senior leadership.
Unilever offers a competitive compensation package which includes: Medical & Dental Plans, Life Insurance, including eligible spouses, domestic partners & children; Health Care Flexible Spending, Dependent Care, Retirement & Savings Plans, Tuition Reimbursement, Paid Vacation and Holidays.
Please note: as part of the job application, you will be asked to complete pre-screening questions. Completion of the pre-screening questions are mandatory in order to be considered. Please allow yourself plenty of time to complete both the application and pre-screening questions. If the pre-screening questions are partially answered or not at all, it will adversely affect the progress of your application. Please be aware that you will have to complete the pre-screening questions at once as you will be unable to return to it later.
Unilever is an organization committed to diversity and inclusion to drive our business results and create a better future every day for our diverse employees, global consumers, partners, and communities. We believe a diverse workforce allows us to match our growth ambitions and drive inclusion across the business.
Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer Minorities/Females/Protected Veterans/Persons with Disabilities
Applicants and employees are protected from discrimination under Federal law. For more information, please see EEO is the Law
Employment is subject to verification of pre-employment drug-screening results and background investigation.